What's new

This Bud's for you.

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
13,214
Reaction score
5,614
Location
NoVA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been wanting to do this shot for some time after watching that how-to with the Liquor bottle on YT.

Finally around to it. Unfortunately, this was the only beer I had on hand.



This Bud's for you. by The Braineack, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Does that really qualify as beer?

I like the image; nice job with the lighting. My only [very minor] nit is the background; I would have preferred to see it either as a gradient or all black, not the dark table surface and lighter background.
 
Yellow water? I won't drink it. I bought it like months ago for low-class friends that were visiting.

As far as the bg, not quite sure how I'd make it better. Maybe move the bottle closer to camera and let it blur out better.
 
Last edited:
Yellow water? I won't drink it. I bought it like months ago for low-class friends that were visiting.

As far as the bg, not quite sure how I'd make it better. Maybe move the bottle closer to camera and let it blur out better.

There's a couple of methods that could work: Greater subject background separation with a curved cardstock background and maybe an overhead fill at very, very low output. You could go with a standard 'dark field' background, or, you could just do it in post.
 
Yellow water, attactively presented. The light on the left side is very nice, the light on the right seems to show a bit of glare on the bottle. If you could make the right look as good as the left, I'd think you've pretty much nailed this one.
 
Great lighting on the subject, but that BG is the only real thing I'd nitpick.

Is that water or glycerin?
 
Last edited:
That's actually just water. My first go around it was naturally condensing and looked good, but I didn't have the lighting nailed yet. I reworked how I lit the label and the bottle luminescence and then had to resort to spraying it with my cat water sprayer; that's what really brought it over the top, without the water the shot wouldn't be worthy to post.
 
I've seen this done with a small circle of light on the background behind the bottle.
Anyway, good job!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom