This may sound creepy but....

dEARlEADER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When you get to know forum members by their avatar and then they change it does it piss you off??

Doesn't piss me off...but confuses me sometimes.

Not in the slightest. I'm more annoyed by the simple signatures used here. That's normally how I recognize people on other forums. Avatars, not so much.

good to know I'm doing something right :lol:

Not in the slightest. I'm more annoyed by the simple signatures used here. That's normally how I recognize people on other forums. Avatars, not so much.
On this forum, we prefer that members have signatures that are short & simple...it keeps the threads easier to read...IMO. I've seen some forums where every member has a huge image and/or a bunch of text as a signature and it gets pretty terrible, especially when those members post over and over again.

We even try to (or used to) steer members away from posting their gear list in their sig. (there is a place for it in the user info). We wanted to avoid the gear brand wars...and besides, it's the photography that is important, not the brand of gear that they use.

On this forum, we prefer that members have signatures that are short & simple...it keeps the threads easier to read...IMO.
I had a feeling that was the case.

Not as bad as one forum I was regularly on a while ago - there members would not only change sets (that is a banner and avatar that are relaited to each other) but also names as well - meant that if you spent a month out you could come back to find out that you knew no one! ;)
I prefer people to keep the same name definatly! Same avas is helpful - least same theme of ava is a good way, but people change avas - takes a while to adjust, especially when you are new to a sight

The part that really really freaked me out was when I ran into a member from the forum ....on the street that I did not even knew existed here. He came up to me and said..."are you Chiller" I said yea...
His reply was..."I recognized you from your avatar" And no..I dont have blood on me all the time. :lol::lol:

The part that really really freaked me out was when I ran into a member from the forum ....on the street that I did not even knew existed here. He came up to me and said..."are you Chiller" I said yea...
His reply was..."I recognized you from your avatar" And no..I dont have blood on me all the time. :lol::lol:

:lmao:

I am an old member on a car forum, and I hate when that happens...especially when the old school members that you've knows for year or more and that have had the same avatar change it.....ure like AHHHHH WHAT DO I DO?

I'm only on my second one here, I went a pretty long time without one.

Once I find one that I like, I stick with it. I think I like the one I have now, but I might redo it (it's a little underexposed).

Most reactions

Back