This Weekends Variety Pack - Pic Heavy

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really enjoy Winter because of the variety of birds to shoot. Unfortunately one of the mornings was overcast until it was time for me to leave. For some reason I decided to play with the camera and ended up shooting partial metering and jpegs (I forgot to change it back so I was all over the place). Anyway, it was more about the variety than anything else. C&C welcome.

Oh, I just missed the local bobcat that had an American Coot for breakfast and a Peregrine falcon that swooped down and caught an American Avocet, flew off and beheaded it in flight. Of course that happened on Saturday morning around 7:30 am - I arrived at 8:30 am. I did see the pictures. Sunday I arrived at 6:30 am and saw nothing of the kind ((((FIGURES)))))

#1 Cinnamon Teal
#2 Allen's Hummingbird
#3 Spotted Towhee
#4 Mourning Doves
#5 Belted Kingfisher
#6 Dancing Mallard
#7 Black-necked Stilt
#8 Northern Shoveler
#9 American Coot
#10 American Avocet
#11 White-crowned Sparrow

I'm digging the Dancing Mallard

Gorgeous shots. I always enjoy seeing critters that we don't have around here.

The water in front of the Mallard makes it look like he's doing a moon walk ;)

Who cares if it's picture heavy with these kinds of photos!
dancing Mallard is wonderful, but al are beautiful rewards for your morning.
Nancy

Very nice! I also enjoy the ones I don't see locally. Thanks for sharing.

Gorgeous shots. I always enjoy seeing critters that we don't have around here.

The water in front of the Mallard makes it look like he's doing a moon walk ;)

Haaa you are right. A moon walking quack!

I get jealous of those that have Cardinals around, but I just googled real quick and see that the Northern Cardinals are found in some parts of California. If it's Northern Cali that is like 3 or 4 states away.

I especially like the Stilt…no, the Dancing Mallard…no, wait I like the Shoveler… :lol:

Nice stuff, Jaca! Like the others, I love seeing some of the birds I just can't find around here, though I admit it…It makes me just the TINIEST little bit jealous, too… :D

I get jealous of those that have Cardinals around, but I just googled real quick and see that the Northern Cardinals are found in some parts of California. If it's Northern Cali that is like 3 or 4 states away.
Here's you a female Cardinal I took Sunday:

Sexy Over-The-Shoulder look ...
2014-01-12-01.jpg

And one with Full Frontal Nudity!
2014-01-12-02.jpg

Who cares if it's picture heavy with these kinds of photos!
dancing Mallard is wonderful, but al are beautiful rewards for your morning.
Nancy

Thank you Nancy.

It really is rewarding and at times, I get caught up with the photography part of it. When I imported these into Lightroom, I could not figure out why my lens correction preset was not working. After a little digging around (and opening my eyes) I realized I had shot way more jpegs than intended. Whoopty Doo Not A Big Deal!!!! Although at first I was bummed out.

Derrel mentioned in a recent thread that it is not always a good idea to sit down and start processing hundreds of images right away. I stepped away from the computer because I was frustrated (and actually enjoyed some playoff football).

When I got back to the pictures, I was able to just enjoy what I saw, what I photographed and the conversations I had with the other addicts!

Thanks D-Sizzle, I will remember to use that formula more often.

Here's you a female Cardinal I took Sunday:

Sexy Over-The-Shoulder look ...
2014-01-12-01.jpg

And one with Full Frontal Nudity!
2014-01-12-02.jpg

Haaaa...I think the first one winked at me. "Look Chick; I told you already that I am a married man" Sheesh.

I especially like the Stilt…no, the Dancing Mallard…no, wait I like the Shoveler… :lol:

Nice stuff, Jaca! Like the others, I love seeing some of the birds I just can't find around here, though I admit it…It makes me just the TINIEST little bit jealous, too… :D

I feel your pain! I am jello of Ospreys in flight with fish, flirtatious Cardinals, Bald Eagles, and Snowy Owls.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back