This Weekends Variety Pack - Pic Heavy

Hi JacaRanda.....I'm in LA too. Where do you go birding? I usually go to Baldwin Lake at the LA arboretum, but I know there is more out there (if I could ever find the time).
Desi

Hi JacaRanda.....I'm in LA too. Where do you go birding? I usually go to Baldwin Lake at the LA arboretum, but I know there is more out there (if I could ever find the time).
Desi

Hello there Desi. I am actually down in Orange County. Personally the best place I have been is Bolsa Chica Wetlands in Huntington Beach. Bolsa Chica Conservancy » Bolsa Chica Bird Checklist | Learn. Restore. Inspire. I really is a can't miss location.

I have gone South to San Diego near the border, but never up to Los Angeles. Newtricks mentioned the Sepulveda Wildlife Reserve and I hope to meet with him one of these weekends. I will let you know so hopefully you can join us.

The pictures in this post were all taken at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary, another can't miss location. It has 11 ponds and nice trails between them. http://www.irwd.com/images/pdf/marsh/SJMarsh Rules and Map 3-12.pdf

The hummingbird and the mallard make me squeal with joy. Fantastic pictures.

I know all to well the bobcat/falcon feeling you experienced, or if I see something like that I don't have a camera! Great shots, the clarity and focus I long for, but struggle to get in my photos. I love that Cinnamon teal, but then again the Stilt's reflection or that Shoveler are tough to beat.

Nice set! I'm partial to the first 2 and the breakdancing mallard :)

6&7 are great. Just love that dancing bird. Ed

Ok, well I don't normally do C&C, but since it's you I'll make an exception. Looks like you've got some really great starts on some wonderful landscapes here, but those pesky birds keep getting in the way. I know just how that feels, seems like every time I'm out at the safari park trying to get some nice shots of grass or dirt some dang buffalo or elk or something jumps right into the frame. Hard to believe, I know, especially for the buffalo, but they are actually a lot more spry than one might believe.

I think I'm going to start carrying one of those big portable air horn gizmos and see if maybe I can't scare them off. I'll keep you posted on how well it works. Lol

The mallards around here must be lazy or tone deaf, i never see them dancing :(

Ok, well I don't normally do C&C, but since it's you I'll make an exception. Looks like you've got some really great starts on some wonderful landscapes here, but those pesky birds keep getting in the way. I know just how that feels, seems like every time I'm out at the safari park trying to get some nice shots of grass or dirt some dang buffalo or elk or something jumps right into the frame. Hard to believe, I know, especially for the buffalo, but they are actually a lot more spry than one might believe.

I think I'm going to start carrying one of those big portable air horn gizmos and see if maybe I can't scare them off. I'll keep you posted on how well it works. Lol

Are you by chance in So Cali?

Are you by chance in So Cali?

Nope - Nebraska. Land of night and high electric bills. Pretty easy to find really, go to the middle of nowhere, hang a left. Can't miss us :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back