Abel Hobert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just found my old Promaster 2000PK Super Manual with a Promaster Spectrum 7 lens. I haven't used it in forever, but there is still film in it. I put down the hobby of photography originally because I was too young to get everything out of it, so I told myself I would wait til I was older and more able.

Anyway, as I said, I just recently found it, and I still remember everything I had learned, which was the basics. I know pretty much all of the need to know things, like how to operate the camera and what all settings are and what they do.

What I don't know is whether or not there is a way to get the exact date the shots from the film that I had left in the camera back all those years ago. I know the general time, but I just want to know if there is some sort of timestamp.

Included is a photo of the camera and the film I am using in said camera. Tell me if you all need to know something else I didn't think to include.

Film screenshot.PNG

132-1.jpg

Attachments

• Film screenshot.PNG
    Film screenshot.PNG
    221.4 KB · Views: 192
Welcome aboard.
I recall that some film bodies had the ability to put the date, and maybe time, on photos, but if this one can, I do not know.

Back in the Old'n Days we had cameras that had a Date Back. This thing had a light source that would "burn" the current date/time onto the exposed frame. It commonly show up in the lower right of the image. It would be very apparent if that camera had that by an LCD on the back door.
The only other film camera that recorded date were ones that used the Advanced Photo System (APS) that optically or magnetically recorded information outside of the exposed frame ... the film cannister you have shown is a 135mm, so it ain't APS.

Most reactions

Back