• Union Station and walk up Yonge St.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Beaches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Raymond J Barlow said:
hey guys., sorry I am so late getting involved in this, just been so busy, not enough time in the day anymore. Been resting here all morning, and reading up on your plans for tomorrow. Looks like a dull cold rainy day, much like today. I don't think we will spend the day hiking around the city ( sorry, but I hate any dowtown area) but we would like to hook up with everyone for lunch. I will keep in touch with Eric, on our cells, and finds out where everyone is planning to go for lunch, and we will hook up., and if the weather is ok in the PM, we will follow the crowd for a while.

I am really looking fwd to seeing you all., be careful out there!!

Hey Ray, sounds good. Give me a call and I will let you know where we are and what is up.

I see the weather forecast is looking better. Looks like the big storm will be moving through faster then expected.

Eric

Weather update I just heard was a high of 7degrees(47 American) and the chance of rain and snow has gone down a bit, but now there is a wind warning, with gusts up to 80kms:confused: :lmao: :grumpy: :lmao: :confused: Then again, thats is CITY TV...that'll change in 10 minutes.
Sir Ray....would be cool to see ya. Hope you can swing it man.

UPDATE re the Gardiner Expressway: apparently they got the repair work done sooner than expected, so the Gardiner has reopened already.

Ray - glad you're gonna make it for at least part of the day!

How come I just heard of this meetup right now... Oct 29th at 1:30am. Damn either bad advertising or I am not very observant. Probably the latter. Really sucks that now that I am in southern (or more southern anyways) I could actually be a part of these things. But I am snoozing and miss out, because I can't get there tommorrow, well later today.

Hope another meet up is arranged some time soon.

C-YA

Mike

Oh man, my first post about the meet up was Oct 9th. I did not realize you were so close or I would have sent you a PM. I know Errant Star is coming down from the Lindsay area. I’m sure we will do more as they are so much fun. Wish you could have made it.

Eric

Oh no, that's a drag you weren't aware of it before now, Mike. But like Eric said, there will be more.

Darn it Mike. Would have been a blast to meet you. Im sure we will be doing another meet up. One of us will somehow let ya know man.
Take care bro.

Well my friends, hope the meet up went alright because I don't know about down in TO but up here in Horseshoe Valley, the weather is dreadful! Combination of snow, rain, sleet off and on with the wind howling like mad.

Enjoy yourselves.

Mike

well, that was a lot of fun.. great people, semi nice weather, and tons of interesting stuff to see in the big smoke. Thanks so much to Airic for organizing everything, and thanks to everyone who joined us... the 3 of us had a blast.

hope you all got home safe, and the wind didn't blow you into the lake!

Carl.. I think that guy with the antlers is going to follow you home!

set the cam up on some boxes, and jumped in the shot!

DSC_0220w2.jpg

thanks for looking.

Ok...I don't know everyone here! Give us a list of who's who! I know some of ya! Great pic! Can't wait til I meeet all you guys someday! (I will, ya know)

Heyyy, nice picture Ray!! I'll jump in with the names: (back row left to right) Airic (Eric), Antarctican (Jeanne), Jenn (friend of Carl), Chiller (Carl), Errant Star (Jen), Sweet Daisy (Daisy...holding Maria); (front row) Megapaws (Suzanne) and Raymond Barlow.

It was a great day. The weather was better than originally forecast, and we managed to get some sun in the morning (combined with high winds and near freezing temperatures). Given the proximity to Halloween, there were some 'interesting' people about in downtown Toronto. It will take a while to sort through some of the pictures.

Thanks to Eric for organizing the day, and to everyone who came out and made it so much fun. It was a great group of people. I urge everyone who has an opportunity to attend any meetup in your area...GO!

Have to second everything that has been said. I had a blast today, and yes there were LOTS of interesting people to keep us entertained. The whole group was great and I can't wait to do it again!

Thanks Airic and everyone who helped to coordinate!!! :hugs:

Most reactions

Back