Trading in my Fuji XT2...

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well... one of them anyway. I'm trading with mpb, one of my XT2 camera bodies plus 2 lenses that I don't use (18-55 and 50-230) for a "like new" XT3! I'm very excited to get my hands on the XT3's faster sensor and upgraded AF system. The offer from mpb for the camera body was just $20 less than what I paid when I bought it used in 2021. Batteries are the same as the XT2 which is a bonus since I have 6 batteries already. So far transaction has been easy - Mpb sent a shipping label via email, I packed everything up and sent it out yesterday and today they acknowledged receipt of my gear. Just waiting for them to review it and concur with my rating then they will contact me to complete the transaction and they will send the XT3 out to me. I hope to have it by the end of next week at the very latest.

mbp is not a US company, or at least they originated overseas (UK ). I saw them elsewhere quite some time ago before they were a sponsor on here. They do have an office/warehouse in the US but I don't know if US warranties etc. apply. (They did just have a warehouse in the US; now I think they have an office somewhere in the US.)

Their address used to show what looked like condos and I figured it was someone buying and selling cameras out of their home, but could have been an office/condo complex, I'm not sure. In Brighton I think, right on the coast. Not sure now...

I don't know if by now they might be a registered business in the US, they didn't used to be. Hopefully there won't be a problem. Figured I better mention it before everything's finalized.

mbp is not a US company, or at least they originated overseas (UK ). I saw them elsewhere quite some time ago before they were a sponsor on here. They do have an office/warehouse in the US but I don't know if US warranties etc. apply. (They did just have a warehouse in the US; now I think they have an office somewhere in the US.)

Their address used to show what looked like condos and I figured it was someone buying and selling cameras out of their home, but could have been an office/condo complex, I'm not sure. In Brighton I think, right on the coast. Not sure now...

I don't know if by now they might be a registered business in the US, they didn't used to be. Hopefully there won't be a problem. Figured I better mention it before everything's finalized.
They have both a US and a UK site. I confirmed with many others who have done trade ins with them that they are reputable. The camera is used so factory warranty doesn’t apply. It does come with a 6 month warranty from mpb.

Phew, from your title, I thought you were deserting to another brand. :rolleyes: Enjoy your new camera.

congrats on the new gear!

Phew, from your title, I thought you were deserting to another brand. :rolleyes: Enjoy your new camera.
No way. Pretty sure I'm Fuji Forever!
congrats on the new gear!
Thanks!

I just got the finalized quote from mpb after they received my gear (no surprises - even got a tiny bit more $ for the XT2 than originally quoted because I had the little hot shoe flash in the box). I don't think I ever used that even once. Expected arrival by 8/30 as I opted to stick with the free shipping option.

Have to say, assuming the XT3 is "like new" as advertised, this was a really easy process. I have some other gear sitting around that I may trade in at some point and I would use them again. I sold all my Nikon gear individually via Craigslist, Facebook, TPF etc and while I got more money than if I had traded it in, it was kind of a pita.

Have to say, assuming the XT3 is "like new" as advertised, this was a really easy process.

i've used keh in the past, who's process is almost identical to mpb. when they say like new, you can expect it to be like new or better. they're pretty strict on their gear assessments.

Slow depreciation seems to be a Fuji hallmark, all the slower with new stuff on backorder. Still jonesing for a mint X-Pro2. Lenses are hard as hell to find used at fair prices, "Fujicron" primes especially. Glad I grabbed mine discounted from a friendly local dealer a few years ago. BTW, check fellow-Canadian Take Kayo's sites sometime, AKA bigheadtaco, for Fuji reviews and gossip. Enjoy the XT3!

Congrats on the new gear! I like trading in my old gear to a store in St. Louis. They give a fair price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back