Trash the Bride

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you are like me, you are way bored with the trash the dress sessions. Don't get me wrong, there are some good ones out there. But it's been done to death already. So one day I got to thinking about the whole wedding thing. I'm amazed at what these people spend. They could buy a house with the money. But actually a lot of them rack up the credit cards.

So I wondered one day, what their life will be after the big fantasy wedding. I lucked out and had a bride play along.

I've done a web search for Trash the Bride and found nothing. Either I'm on to something totally new, or something noone wants. :meh:

Welcome to Trash the Bride. You be the judge.
wed_chelpro_00068.jpg

Hey! I only see one picture - do you have more? Looks like it will be a fun series! I've done them with bridesmaid dresses but haven't been lucky enough to do a bridal one. My sister in law though, when she gets married we'll do one with paint! yay!

Hey! I only see one picture - do you have more? Looks like it will be a fun series! I've done them with bridesmaid dresses but haven't been lucky enough to do a bridal one. My sister in law though, when she gets married we'll do one with paint! yay!

Hi JJC. Yes, only one of these. The bride was getting ready for the real wedding when I talked her into doing this.

Next in the series is bride with a vaccuum cleaner.

Bride with snotty nosed screaming kids.

Bride with big fat lazy hubby.

And finally bride on pool floaty, surrounded by greek gods in swimsuits. :) That will be the most fun one.

Don't ask me where I get this crazy stuff. I really don't know. But the Trash the Bride session has been in my brain for about a year.

Ok, I need some of you looky loos to pipe in here. This is a totally new deal. If it sucks, tell me it sucks. I'll be ok.
I'd just really love to have more feedback.
Hugs,
Cindy

I dunno! I just don't love it. You did everything grteat, I just don't get the concept. I googled it and everything.. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Fair assesment! I'm not getting good reviews for this idea, so I think it's back to the drawing board.
Thank you for your views.

I definitely think it's a neat idea; I'd like to see your next series to really get a good idea where you're going with it!

Hahaha, that is hilarious!

And yes, I think this is a GREAT idea! Its interesting because it's the funny side of the "aftermath" of marriage...the whole ball and chain thing. A basic episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". :)

I don't know if "Trash the Bride" is the best name for it though, because I think it plants the idea in people's heads of a bride in the mud or something. But I do think it's a fun idea for a series, definitly keep going with it!

Great idea and great pics, but you didn't think of the fatal flaw...

So how does trashy bride afford a photographer who takes such awsome pictures?:hail: Universe implodes in 3...2.....

Oh i SEE! Like JaimeGibb said I think it's the name you give it that confused me. Thats a very cool idea. Creative. And who cares if you haven't gotten good reviews - Neither did The Wizard of Oz!

Ok, I need some of you looky loos to pipe in here. This is a totally new deal. If it sucks, tell me it sucks. I'll be ok.
I'd just really love to have more feedback.
Hugs,
Cindy

Hi Cindy,

You know I love and envy your work. Having thought about this for a little while, I think that you should keep the idea for your portfolio of options that you offer for the clients, however I think that it will be a very small market (Perhaps more impulse buying than considered thought) that will take you up on the offer.

Trash the dress works, IMHO, because you tend to see the bride rolling about on a beach or whatever tending to have fun while trashing the dress, for these I am not getting that vibe. I think that the couple would need to have a slightly warped sense of humour (fabulous - pull up a chair!) or it is a potential bone of contention in the relationship anyway.

In summary, I think it has potential, but needs some development.

Good luck and a huge hug.

You mention the fat lazy hubby, how about the fatter lazier bride, chomping on a big mac wearing joggy bottoms with her stretchmarked gut spilling out at the top etc etc. Can't see ya making a killing with these sort of images, 20 years of it and all female sitters either want to look great in shots even when a lot are sowbellies, bad move I reckon, even with a lot of pp. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back