Trash the Bride

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by elsaspet, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    In that case, it would work. I was thinking the people would be putting them in their wedding album, and in my opinion, I didn't see too many girls going for it. Like I said before, a bride's photo album is like her fairy tale. She gets it out, shows it to all of her friends, and they all get jealous of her looking so pretty. I didn't see that fitting in with my image of it.

But as a project, I think its cool... I don't know where you live, but where I am (Arkansas), there are quite a few down-to-Earth farm girls who would find humor in this, without it upsetting their pristine wedding moment.

How about one where the bride is washing something on an old fashioned washing board? I don't know if that would work, but I will give you the idea anyway (I only require 10% of profit...lol jk).

2. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have seen similar but tnot the same, I have seen pictures where the brides go out in there nice dress and run in to the sea, r mud or similar, but not quite like yours.

even if its an old idea, I like it, and its still creative

3. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I definitely like the idea. I would only suggest if you're going for more of a humor approach than some type of statement... make them so overtop they turn into more of a characture.

4. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cindy, did you see the photo that this one photog did where he had the groom leaning against a car with the bride's dress half hanging out with a shovel in hand? I thought it was kind of similar to what you have going on here. I'll see if I can find the link....

ETA: His name is John Michael Cooper
    http://trashthedress.wordpress.com/2007/06/14/the-godfather-of-trashing-john-michael-cooper-alt-f/

I know a lot of people REALLY didn't like what the images said to them...but isn't that what makes art fun? :)

5. CrazyAva

CrazyAva TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I absolutely love this idea! :lol:

6. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I love that photo. It's by Alt F aka John. He's hilarious! I'm a huge fan of his work.

7. bellacat

bellacat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Cindy I love the idea. I hope you post some of your ideas in your blog or something because i would love to see them