Trying out vignetting

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I have found photshops help to be less than helpful. Between experimenting and the help section I finally started getting the effect I wanted. I thought this turned out with kind a Christmas card feel. To get this effect I used the elliptical select tool to outline the area I wanted. If I did not quite get the area I wanted I just kept doing it again until I got what I wanted. Then go to "select" - "inverse", Then "select" - "feather" and select the pixels of the radius, this radius was 70 pixels. Then "edit" - "cut". Then I cropped in evenly around the feathered edge.

DSC06252re650.JPG

I havent used hardly any of the tools in photoshop, I dont really know how to use it yet. Mostly I just use it crop. this does look like a great greating card..nice shot.

are you working with ps7 now? vignetting is even easier in this version than in elements. it's all done for you in the action pallette- select what you want vignetted, click on actions, scroll down to vignette, click on it, then on "play" at bottom of palette.
you sure took the long way around with your technique, but it worked! looks great.

are you working with ps7 now? vignetting is even easier in this version than in elements. it's all done for you in the action pallette- select what you want vignetted, click on actions, scroll down to vignette, click on it, then on "play" at bottom of palette.
you sure took the long way around with your technique, but it worked! looks great.

Most reactions

Back