Two Panning, And One Edit for C&C

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, it seems many folks on here aren't aviation nuts like I am, but never the less, I'll give this a go...

These two were my first real attempt at panning.
Oshkosh_073110_089-2.jpg

Oshkosh_073110_082-2.jpg

This one was the edit. I was going for a stock WWII shot with some feeling behind it. I wanted to emulate a photo taken on the battle field as though it were the beginnings of an assault on a fortified city. :thumbup: or :thumbdown: on the edit.

Oshkosh_073110_100-1.jpg

4. Here is the original
Oshkosh_073110_100.jpg

And one more just for sharing since I....LOVE...P51s!!!!!
Oshkosh_073110_144-2.jpg

Thanks in advance

wow those are really amazing I love how you showed motion in the first two and the third one so amazing looks like it was taken from a really old film great job

wow those are really amazing I love how you showed motion in the first two and the third one so amazing looks like it was taken from a really old film great job

Thanks, Morpheuss. Panning in definitely as tough as I thought it would be. Really only one out of five, at best, came out. These were the best of those.

I hope you don't mind, but I did an edit of # 4. If you do mind, lemme know and I'll take it down. :)

edit4.jpg

I lost most of the lil plane, but I thought about just cropping it out all together cause neither of them seem to be shooting "at" it. :)
edit5.jpg

Shot 1 is nice--I love the blurring of the background items at ground level--that really makes for an excellent,excellent panning feeling of motion. I think your B&W conversion "look" is excellent in shot #3, but I wish there were more of that smoke as seen in the color version of the shot. What bothers me about shot #3 is not the technical aspect, but just the body language and position of the two re-enactors...the guy on the left seems pretty casual, and the guy on the right is four feet out to the right of the jeep...which seems like in an open field like that would be a good way to catch a bullet from a Mauser aimed his way...

They all look great!

I hope you don't mind, but I did an edit of # 4. If you do mind, lemme know and I'll take it down. :)

I don't mind at all. I like the feel you were going for. It looks like the early color film.

P.S. They weren't shooting at it because it's one of the good guys! :lol:

Shot 1 is nice--I love the blurring of the background items at ground level--that really makes for an excellent,excellent panning feeling of motion. I think your B&W conversion "look" is excellent in shot #3, but I wish there were more of that smoke as seen in the color version of the shot. What bothers me about shot #3 is not the technical aspect, but just the body language and position of the two re-enactors...the guy on the left seems pretty casual, and the guy on the right is four feet out to the right of the jeep...which seems like in an open field like that would be a good way to catch a bullet from a Mauser aimed his way...

I agree about the poses. Unfortunately I think most of these re-enactors were just enthusiasts and don't have too much tactical sense... I also wanted to include the smoke, but felt like there was too much open space on the right side of the frame if I did that. I also have a couple different shots of this, one of them has some flames in the background, but no plane. Maybe I'll try editing that one.

i really like the angle on the 4rth shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back