Uh-Oh...D500 Delay.

It may be to iron issues out, which is better to do before you buy it, rather than the hassle of returning it

Thats what I think it is to an issue and yes its better to be ironed out before it hits retailers or us that pre-ordered it.Still a bummer though.

It doesn't surprise me but what I can't understand is their lack of insight on the demand. They have been in business long enough to know better, in other words, it is something else.

There is still a chance that is only in the Japanese market. Some people have confirmed from Nikon USA it is still shipping in mid march here. Perhaps pre-orders are weak in Japan so they are sending the allotment here to fill the demand first. Of course perhaps it is delayed to prevent a recall before it's shipped? Maybe they are already re-branding them as D510 so people think they have resolved the issues of the D500 :) Or perhaps they rushed the announcement to stop the bleeding to Canon when the 7Dm2 hit 1050 with the pro printer after rebate last month...

B&H photo pushed it back to end of April.:(

Hey its hard work engineering issues into cameras.

They most likely underestimated the demand for it.

It may be to iron issues out, which is better to do before you buy it, rather than the hassle of returning it
Exactly my thoughts, Nikon has been a bit of a hit and miss with their QC lately so better wait an extra month and then starting to recall or getting bad PR.

D600 was a PR nightmare
D750 had some teething problems
D7200 has been very good

There is still a chance that is only in the Japanese market. Some people have confirmed from Nikon USA it is still shipping in mid march here. Perhaps pre-orders are weak in Japan so they are sending the allotment here to fill the demand first. Of course perhaps it is delayed to prevent a recall before it's shipped? Maybe they are already re-branding them as D510 so people think they have resolved the issues of the D500 :) Or perhaps they rushed the announcement to stop the bleeding to Canon when the 7Dm2 hit 1050 with the pro printer after rebate last month...
It's more likely a large order from Canon which also includes a new badge and emblem to sell it as a 7dm3 to dispel all the problems they have of people sending in their 7dm2 so many times to get fixed. :)

I think they're giving you one more month to jump back.

I think they're giving you one more month to jump back.
Well the 7dm2 finally came back about an hour ago after 3 weeks and 7 conversations with a service manager.. Hopeully I will find something to test it on before it's dark.. If it works the way it should and I get the IQ from the 500 I'm expecting, I'll be good until the 7dm3 comes out in 2020 :)

Well the 7dm2 finally came back about an hour ago after 3 weeks and 7 conversations with a service manager.. Hopeully I will find something to test it on before it's dark.. If it works the way it should and I get the IQ from the 500 I'm expecting, I'll be good until the 7dm3 comes out in 2020 :)
Yeah but that 7dm3 will still have the same sensor. :)

Yeah but that 7dm3 will still have the same sensor. :)
Nah, they will stretch it out to 12.5 stops of DR at base and 10.25 FPS :p

Most reactions

Back