Urban x Woods Shoot.

mikeluis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Haven't posted on here in quite a long time. Please critique the following two photos from my latest shoot. Both shots were with a 50mm 1.8. I appreciate any advice I can get.

$8933272895_dfcf163392_c.jpg$8933274779_14fa461836_z.jpg

What is the nature/intent of the session? To be honest, both of these seem a litle lacking to me.

1. It almost seems like there's a haze over this image. There is a desparate need for fill light here, and the crop of his left arm is not a good choice; never crop limbs on a lateral axis.

2. Significantly under-exposed; to the point where I don't see any saving this one. By the time you get the exposure where it should be, it's going to be very, very noisy. In addition, bear in mind that the use of selective colour is to draw the viewer's eye to a certain aspect of the image. WHY do you want me to look at his hat and not his face? Also, watch the bottom; you've cropped of just a bit of his toe, which looks messy.

Overall, I would say a re-shoot is in order as both suffer with exposure and composition problems. Make sure you have some supplemental light when you go out, at the very minimum, a nice, large reflector.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back