URGENT HELP NEEDED- CAN I RECOVER MY PICS?

PT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Pleae help if you can,
I have a sony v1, and the imagemixer software that comes with it. The other day I was organizing files and documents in 'my documents'on my computer, and I moved hundreds of files of all types. Today I went to the image editing software and, when I went to my pics on it, there was a big question mark over the previews, and i cant open them. They dont seem to be in the program, but because I was moving files around, might they be somewhere on my PC? I deleted some things on my recycle bin, but I dont think there were any picture files ( I cant be sure)

Also, can i recover things i deleted in my recycle bin? and, what is a .ima file ?

Thank you very much.

Hi!
I don't know nothing about your prog but .ima are image files, you gotta have a program that made images of files that were overwriten etc.
If you know the real suffix of an .ima file you can change it to it.

But you maybe be lucky on your deleted files, windows doesn't overwrite them (so it doesn't really delete them), it "cleans" them.
Recycled files can be recovered by different software (if you use Windows off course). Check out http://www.runtime.org/

Assuming the files have been deleted, when you delete a file, (even from the recycle bin), the actual data is still there on the disk. The file's reference data has just been removed from the File Allocation Table, but the file is still there. At this point, your operating system doesn't know that - it thinks it's just free space.

So, as long as you don't write data to that space, the file is still there. As Santino said, there are ways of getting to it.

Tried sytem restore, but it didnt work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back