Used Nikon d100

The D100 is still a fine camera. My girlfriend still shoots with one, and outside of the sensor needing a good cleaning, it delivers very nice images. I have no problem printing it @ 11x14 and getting good results. For what it's worth, I still use a D200 regularly along with my D600.

As to the D70s, that was my first DSLR, and I had two of them for a while. I actually liked more things about it than the D100. For one thing, I could sync studio flash at faster than 1/200 or 1/250.

A D100 in decent shape is well worth $100 in my opinion.

hi...i bought the d70 at last...it came today and it is in perfect condition outside with 260cklicks...i put on the 18-200 and i am very satisfied with the image it produce (sharp and nice colors)...i have one question though...if i want to do some timelapse how am going to do it..because as i saw it hasnt got any port for shutter timer remote release...thank you

Buy a d200? (sorry... Couldn't resist). I hope you at least got the d70s.

If you have that limited of a budget, the D100 would be an excellent camera. Look at professional pictures that are about 10 years old. Some really nice pictures eh? That D100 is capable of all that. If you have a bigger budget, then yes, you can find a better newer camera. But unless you have the top grade brand new equipment across the board, there will always be a more expensive, better camera.

hi...yesterday night i did some night test shots with max iso and i noticed some horizontal black lines at the center...i know that the d70 is not good at low light producing lot of noise...but what are these lines?? they are not strongly vissible but are there.... i dont know if this picture can tell a lot...​

$night test 3.jpg

Try taking another pic in daylight.

hi...from what i have seen so far i dont have any problems with daylight shots...are very clear without these black lines...

I would save and buy something significant that will enhance your enjoyment of photography!

I would save and buy something significant that will enhance your enjoyment of photography!
hi...i can say i enjoy it a lot...i like it more the body constraction than d5100 of a friends for example...the pictures are very vivid and also very sharp...i didnt expect it to be so good for the money i paid....i am very satisfied...

hi...i can say i enjoy it a lot...i like it more the body constraction than d5100 of a friends for example...the pictures are very vivid and also very good resolution...i didnt expect it to be so good for the money i paid....i am very satisfied...

dont worry about it being older. it is still a very capable camera, no less than when it was first released. I still have a D200 somewhere in a box in my closet. makes me want to go dig it out now and take it down to the dog park.

its always funny how weird some people get about older tech, then get in their 10 year old car and go to work. :mrgreen:

hi...i can say i enjoy it a lot...i like it more the body constraction than d5100 of a friends for example...the pictures are very vivid and also very good resolution...i didnt expect it to be so good for the money i paid....i am very satisfied...

dont worry about it being older. it is still a very capable camera, no less than when it was first released. I still have a D200 somewhere in a box in my closet. makes me want to go dig it out now and take it down to the dog park.

its always funny how weird some people get about older tech, then get in their 10 year old car and go to work. :mrgreen:
yes...this is very true...i dont know why they are misunderstood the older technology...specially when you are in a situation that you are not willing to spend a lot of money for a new camera...the most people i speak with (not from here) also discouraged me to buy an old camera but i didnt see the reason...the pictures i took so far with the d70 are very good in all aspects for the age of the camera...i couldnt ask more

Keep in mind, no one poo-pooed the choice of the D70(S)! They only said (rightly) if you're spending $100-150, why not just save up a few bucks and spend $200-250. Because you get pretty much a 10x better camera (oh, and one that you can connect to a physical shutter release cable).

I'm sorry, but if you can spend $150... you can spend $250. You may have to wait a bit to save up the money, but we're not talking about anything that should break anyone's bank here.

And the OP didn't even take the advice on buying a D70S... which is a FAR superior camera to the D70... and wouldn't cost much more at ALL.

I mean, whatever. It's their decision and all. I just think it was kinda crazy.

Keep in mind, no one poo-pooed the choice of the D70(S)! They only said (rightly) if you're spending $100-150, why not just save up a few bucks and spend $200-250. Because you get pretty much a 10x better camera (oh, and one that you can connect to a physical shutter release cable).

I'm sorry, but if you can spend $150... you can spend $250. You may have to wait a bit to save up the money, but we're not talking about anything that should break anyone's bank here.

And the OP didn't even take the advice on buying a D70S... which is a FAR superior camera to the D70... and wouldn't cost much more at ALL.

I mean, whatever. It's their decision and all. I just think it was kinda crazy.
yes...of course...you are right...but as i mentioned before with the d70 i am very satisfied so far...from what other users said i expect much more worse insisting buying a newer model...but its ok...i work it with a 18-200mm lens and the images are very decent...i compare it with a friends d5100 and at daylight photos, there is no significant difference...at night ok maybe a bit noisier...but hey...i only spent 90$ here for almost new camera...the only problem that i noticed is at night with high isos some vertical lines appear in the center...i have upload an image for example above...can anybody aware of this problem?? i dont know if this is a problem in fact or it is normal...thank you

$90 is a great price for a d70 in good shape. Just enjoy shooting with it until you decide your ready to upgrade again, then you can decide what to budget for.
You will also have a better idea of what features are more important to you.

Most reactions

Back