I still dont understand.
i mean so what no companies like unions thats nothing new.
It runs much deeper than just unions. Like I posted before, years ago, they tried to dictate to the music industry a very subtle form of censorship by telling them that Walmart would not carry certain artists because they did not fit in with Walmart's
family values. Walmart is the largest retailer of CD's in the US.
This and other things that Walmart seemingly enjoys dipping it's hands into, make it a place that I do not want to do business with.
Walmart has also contributed to charities as well as setting up their own charities. That is all fine and good, but in most cases, this is done after Walmart comes under unfavorable scrutiny for issues related to the charities they establish.
There was a blog a few years ago from a kid fresh out of high school who went to work for Walmart and he describes in detail how they treat their employees and what the working conditions are like. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of it and I can't seem to find it. It really was heartbreaking to read some of the stories of the folks who work for this god awful company.
The company resembles nothing to the original stores opened up by Sam Walton years and years ago. I have seen them go into small towns, wipe out most of the local shops, then after their store reaches a certain level of profits, simply lay off the employees, shut the store and leave town. This is why you see so many communitiies who now fight the expansion of a Walmart in their area.
And this brings us to the Walmart shopping experience. The places are huge and extremely LOUD. The employees, for the most part, could care less about you as a customer or what your needs might be. And why would they? Not all their workers are like this, of course. A lot of people care, because that is their nature. But a lot of them could care less- and I don't blame them. I don't know how to put it, but the stores just suck. Plain and simple.