Victims of Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to continue this but for fear of the 'ARCH' i better not.

I didn't say you were being unfriendly.. but the conversation was going political... it would only take one 'friendly' comment for someone to join in and be aggressive... that is why we don't allow politics on this photography forum.

Now as iv already said, back to the c/c please.

Well...all that aside...I love the colors in the picture! I have a thing for old, crumbling buildings. :)

I didn't say you were being unfriendly.. but the conversation was going political... it would only take one 'friendly' comment for someone to join in and be aggressive... that is why we don't allow politics on this photography forum.

Now as iv already said, back to the c/c please.

someone may have said this already, but with a title like that, how could the OP expect it NOT to get political? I think its a cool photo though, but i still want to know some background on it, like where it is, it looks like something from a 3rd world country or something

Nice photo, I like the colors.

To respond to Jols, as to why so many Americans hate Walmart:

that place looks like i wouldnt shop there even if there WASN'T a walmart....

+1. This is a good example of a subject taken totally out of context to make a political point. There is no way that building was ever a competitor for Wal-Mart.

The nearest Walmart is about 20 min. away. The old building appears to be an old shop or storehouse of some sort. Not really sure. I might ask around about that. I'm sure this building wasn't closed by Walmart, but the message of the photo is what most family run stores of the present will look like in 20-40 years thanks to Walmart.

RD

If you buy your camera gear at B&H (or other comparable store), you've contributed to the demise of family-run stores. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing. I buy all my photo gear at B&H.

I had a friend that owned a camera store. He couldn't buy from his distributor at prices that anyone could buy from B&H, Adorama, etc. Like it or not, it's survival of the fittest.

yea, i have a camera store near me that was charging Sony's suggested retail price for a flash (which was around 400 dollars) and i could get it new on B&H for 300. Same with walmart. I've seen the movie, it changed my perspective on things, and i see it differently every time i go into a walmart now, but i still shop there because , although i care about people, i also care about getting the best deal for myself. sorry, i didnt see the description of the photo till socrates quoted it. but sadly, yea, it probably will be this way in 20-40 years, where the big corporations will run everything and we'll just be working for them

Seriously, for info on Walmart's horrible practices, from their slave labor in China to their taking advantage of governemnt funds to their so-called charitable donations and even their actual desire to drive small companies out of business, you should watch "Walmart: The High Cost of Low Prices." I will NEVER shop at Walmart. I don't care about how cheap they are, I won't. And I've had four in diapers. It's not worth my money going to support a chain that will be the downfall of the American economy. Americans deserve better than Walmart.

People deserve what they choose. Obviously, since WalMart exists and prospers, people choose Wal Mart. Same thing with the joke the U.S calls a government.

Interesting thread here but:
No one is forced to work at Walmart - they choose to
No one is forced to shop at Walmart - they choose to
No one is forced to sell to Walmart - they choose to
Why is Walmart so successful? People choose to spend their money there!

Interesting shot.

Being a Target employee, I naturally dislike Wal-Mart. However, I have to say that their hours (open 24) are good for the emergency cat litter run (I forgot to get some while I was at work).

Other than that though, I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague.

looks like sam walton pissed on that shack from beyond the grave.

all this happens here too.

as above thread nobody force people to work or shop there.

they CANNOT be that bad because you would just go and work and another rubbish job as you would not be worse off finacially.

his is really my last word cause we really are just going around in circles and arch

all this happens here too.

as above thread nobody force people to work or shop there.

they CANNOT be that bad because you would just go and work and another rubbish job as you would not be worse off financially.

this is really my last word cause we really are just going around in circles and arch would find me and ban me forever.

I work for a 'shop' in england that pay is the minimum, use cheap labour fom foreign countries ect but thats my choice i like the people i work with and its only 5 mins walk away.

people have choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back