"Waiting" B&W Portrait

BTW - When I adjusted the picture I also ended up with a bit of darkness under the eyes, I actually uploaded it and then ran the dodge tool over that area and over-wrote the file.

-Shea

I think it's a quirky part of this photo. Her eyes are dark and I really didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me.

It might have something to do with the conversion too. I save all my originals at 300dpi and when I save for posting I crop to a 4x6 and reduce to 120dpi.

These were shot at: ISO 125, Focal 135mm, f 4.5, 1/30sec (if you are interested)

It is a subtle difference, a little darkness and she is stressed, or with my edit, perhaps a touch over processed.

It is a lovely image either way IMHO.

-Shea

ls3d brought definition to the lashes! Nice job!!

This picture DID scream black and white, definitely. :)

Absolutely portfolio worthy.

Funny that you mentioned portfolio... I am having 2 copies printed up as we speak.

One of the things that bug me is the crop. I would have left a little bit of light on her back. The eyes I can go either way. I also would not have blurred out her left shoulder as much. JMO. These are all minor things and it is a great shot of a very pretty subject.

My favorite by FAR is the original capture.
It's a beautiful photograph, and it will be a treasured moment.
Way to go David!

One of the things that bug me is the crop. I would have left a little bit of light on her back. The eyes I can go either way. I also would not have blurred out her left shoulder as much. JMO. These are all minor things and it is a great shot of a very pretty subject.

That was shot like that. I didn't frankly think about composition when I saw her. I liked the expression before I held the camera up to capture it. Thanks.

Cindy... I'm catching up with you! BTW this was using your advice of turning the flash around. =o)

Oh... by the way. I gave a 12x16 print to the little girls mother last night and she started crying. There were a couple other people around and one of them left to go get more people to show this to.

I don't know if she was crying because of the photo or the price I told her I sold this size for ($150.00 mounted). This was a gift print in exchange for a copyright/model release which she signed.

I loved the first one you posted, but now I see more of what photophop is capable of. I HAVE GOT TO LEARN PHOTOSHOP!!!

Anyway, I LOVE the photo every which way I've seen it on this thread!

Thank You. Some photos you plan and some, like this one, give themselves to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back