Want to buy a digital SLR camera to get into photography

Darkhunter139

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to get into photography (just as a hobby nothing serious) but I dont want to spend a lot on a first camera if I decide I don't like it. Is there anything out there I can get for a decent price and would be good for a complete beginner? Thanks!

another one of these? i swear its like once a day. But ill do my best.

If you dont want to spend too much, and just dont even know wether youll like it, try a p&s, if you want to be a tiny bit more serious then that, try one of those half p&s/dslr ones, they are nice without the whole lens + flash + body purchase, else, buy a rebel xti + kit lens and you should be set ;).

Sorry I guess I should have searched first. Maybe they should make a sticky thread or something?

I dont really want a P&S camera I was thinking something along the lines of a nikon D40 or something like that.

Sorry I guess I should have searched first. Maybe they should make a sticky thread or something?

I dont really want a P&S camera I was thinking something along the lines of a nikon D40 or something like that.
Hummm, yea, im not a big Nikon guy, didnt start out with one so havent bothered to remember all of them, but im guessing if you get a d40 in a kit it must come with an 18-55mm, which should be enough to get you started.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259353765&sr=8-1
^ for example

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Budget
2. What do you want to shoot

Etc etc.

Please give us some more info instead of just nothing, go do your reasearch.

1. I guess around $400 give or take 100

2. I want to shoot mostly out door nature shots

And yea I am going to try and do some more research I just didnt know where to start really.

What price point? From what I see, you didn't say how much you are willing to spend.

In terms of quality, spend more money on better lenses and then spend ALOT of time learning and gaining knowledge...and then practicing that knowledge with whatever piece of equipment you buy

1. I guess around $400 give or take 100

2. I want to shoot mostly out door nature shots

And yea I am going to try and do some more research I just didnt know where to start really.

What price point? From what I see, you didn't say how much you are willing to spend.

In terms of quality, spend more money on better lenses and then spend ALOT of time learning and gaining knowledge...and then practicing that knowledge with whatever piece of equipment you buy

I recommend the link i posted, but lol big twinky :)

If you want to make a straight jump to DSLR. I'd recommend the Nikon D40. I picked up one from Adorma.com for 375. It is refurbished but comes with a 90 day Nikon warranty.

I just got mine 2 days ago and love it. Just have a lot to learn.

Did it come with a lens and stuff? Thats closer to what i was looking to spend.

Most reactions

Back