What's new

Want to buy a digital SLR camera to get into photography

Cool think thats the best price ill be able to get? And thanks for the link philly101 ill check them out.
 
Cool think thats the best price ill be able to get? And thanks for the link philly101 ill check them out.
yeah best price you are going to get unless you go used. I watched price compared for about 2 months while selling stuff and saving money to buy the camera. I have no idea how I am going to buy anything else like a tripod or bounce flash.
 
Last edited:
Walmart.com: Nikon D3000 or D5000 Digital SLR kit with *Bonus* Nikon DSLR Case & Nikon School DVD Bundle: Digital Cameras

Do you think that would be worth the extra money? I can get $75 cashback through bing too.

So that would make it $415 after the cash back. I dont think ill be able to get that kind of deal again but I am not really ready to order one right now ughh
Yes, it's worth the extra because the D5000 has a much better image quality because it has a better image sensor in it, the D3000 sensor is just a CCD. And you're right, STRIKE WHILE THE IRONS HOT!
 
I was thinking about getting the D3000 from that actually. Is that worth it over the D40?
 
Right now it's between the d40 or d3000 I can spend about 100 dollars leas on the d40 which is nice so I am kind of leaning towards that. If I get a d40 then get a lens or two for it will I be able to use those lenses on a new body if I decided to upgrade in the future?
 
Cool thats what I am going to do I think. Ill get a refurbished D40 off that site and ill put the money I save towards a lens and a book or two.

Thanks for all the help guys!
 
If you're going to get a book, Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson is a must have especially if you're just learning.
 
D40 with the 18-55mm kit lens $435 - that is the best choice
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom