Want to hear your opinion on my pictures (shot with Canon 400D)

Mishel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalphotographywriter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guys, first photos and I want to hear you opinion about it.

Took it on my friends' Wedding:

2224233054_bce551a8c2_o.jpg

At the safari, Hello Ducky:

2224254292_4f498ec7f6_o.jpg

A Lion portrait (no, it wasn't that close, if yes, I wouldn't be here :lol:):

2221833774_6246945c0a_o.jpg

Reflection:

2221833278_ce4ea320a6_o.jpg

At the circus:

2221041679_0f1d9c5e2f_o.jpg

A girl and a cat:

2221040353_f722f2229f_o.jpg

A wagon:

2221829662_203963e86a_o.jpg

My B&W attempt:

2221829328_64efa80887_o.jpg

Another circus photo:

2221040715_297226e2f2_o.jpg

At a music show:
2221039543_c5351e3fff_o.jpg

Zebras' Conspiracy:

2221835848_06095fc5be_o.jpg

Don't wake him up, he is evil:
2221835678_b1104c0321_o.jpg

At the hotel (sorry for the bag at the bottom, my fault):
2223454847_d3dba5b7e9_o.jpg

Shot with the Canon 400D. I want to hear you opinion, you can be rough, I want to get better.

Last edited:
1, 3, and 7 I don't like because they fall out of the picture. 1 probably is not so bad the way it is I just dont like it that way.

I love number five. That is way cool. I like 6 but kinda wierd a girl making out with a naked cat.

For me

1.need more expo on face , but i see focus on chest
2-good color and DOF
3.you should PP is , i am sure it will come out better , did u crop it ,
4.good reflex.
5.under expose , you should have capture her face also than i would have been nice
6.same hear naked cat don't look good
7.again did u crop it why didn't you capture full wagon including front.
8.best one , she is closing eyes not worried what happening out side very good capture but try to fill frame.
9,10 not much interest to me

I can't beleive I'm actually the first one to say it, but with this many pics you're not likely to get individualized C&C. BUT! I'm avoiding my college paper, so I'll do it. :lol:

3,6,7,9,12,13, & 15 are all cropped (if cropped, if not, shot) outside of the frame. In other words, we lose part of your subject. Always better if you give them enough room to be completely in the frame with a little bit of extra space, IMO.

1 looks good except for mysterious white spots in her hair and her blush looks... off.

2 is really good except it's his behind. :D

4 looks pretty cool, but I think it would have been better as a portrait style, not landscape.

5 My eyes go to the lights, not the lady.

8 isn't black and white though.... I think it would look good B&W with some contrast work!

10 looks kind of cool except for the bright pink on his head and a slightly overexposed smokey background, IMO

11 is neat in an abstracty kind of way.

14 Cute, and great colors, though I could crop it so that it fits the rule of thirds better. Possibly getting rid of that distraction in the Upper Left Corner.

Over all these aren't bad at all! And I'm still new to the photography, so you don't need to take what I say too seriously! ;)

misstwinklytoes, thanks for you comment, you can say what you wish, learning is the target. As an amateur photographer, I will probably will make thousands of mistakes, but that's the way to learn, isn't it. :er:

Expert amateur, so funny :lmao:

Ok some more...

Professional (forgot the word for this):
2221830412_4eacbde419_o.jpg

Old port:

2221037971_0bc58129e7_o.jpg

sorry for posting many picture, I don't have a lot of spare time, sorry about it, but please comment.

Some good shots here. I particularly like the zebra shot, and the guitarist. Like the costumes in the secoind circus one too!

Thats an odd looking lion in 3 ;)

The first is the best, but there is some weird red blotch on her cheek and also between her lip and nose, missed a couple bits in post perhaps?

In #1, the face shadow is super awkward, because it's red tinted, and it looks like someone smeared blush all over one of her cheeks.
Someone else said there's too many to do individually, and you should number them if there's so many next time. :p
Let me just say though...You sure these are your first photos? They're really good! :p

Number 3 - that be a leopard not a lion you have there. Leopards have those black spots all over their fur coat and the males lack a mane like a male lion would have - also its not a jaguar because of the wrong spot type (they are larger and more "ornate" shapes) and its not a cheetah (the other spotted cat) because of the wrong facial structure and markings (they have a long black "tear" beside each eye and down the side of their nose/cheek).
also I find this composition one of the weaker, unlike the duckshot before, the look and direction of the leopard is heading right into the leftside frame whilst on the right we have the less interesting side of the cat. The whole shot is moving right but there is nothing to move the cat into. Also I feel that the cutting away of the side and base of the cats face feels messy - technically it looks good at this size but compositionaly I feel that its lacking.

Overall there are way too many here to get into specifics but I would say that I like both your overall exposure/editing and your compositions. A good spread of subjects as well with some very interesting (eg shot 4 with the reflection) results.

Most reactions

Back