We want to know!

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yes... i am sure there are things in your life that you did. but the things were... exciting, could have been dangerous, mistical... just... I want you to write about some memories that you comeback often and you felt very excited ... but for others who weren't with you this may sound crazy... share :D I'll share later on :)

There was a period of time in my life when I frequented a place called 'The Beachcomber.' I wrote about some of the evenings there. I'll send you a copy if you promise not to publish or 'net it for 20 years. Nothing salacious. Just my sensitivity toward the 'Beach' denizens who are still around, even though all the names have been changed.

Incidentally, in the US there is a candy named 'Mentos.' I suggest you use a search engine and enter 'Mentos' and 'diet soda' and '2 liter'.

Torus34 said:
There was a period of time in my life when I frequented a place called 'The Beachcomber.' I wrote about some of the evenings there. I'll send you a copy if you promise not to publish or 'net it for 20 years. Nothing salacious. Just my sensitivity toward the 'Beach' denizens who are still around, even though all the names have been changed.
Pick a small story from that time and share it here, Jim! Sounds downright juicy.... :thumbup:

Torus34 said:
Incidentally, in the US there is a candy named 'Mentos.' I suggest you use a search engine and enter 'Mentos' and 'diet soda' and '2 liter'.

I know! the candy is here as well.. and this is why I'm "mentos" :D not only this but it was why people start to call me mentos...

terri said:
Pick a small story from that time and share it here, Jim! Sounds downright juicy.... :thumbup:

EXACTLY! :D share something :D I am sure that's great!

I will share a story that makes me chuckle, but maybe it's just because I was there..

I work at a nature reserve, and it is located at a farm called "Laudholm Farm." The visitors center and staff offices are in the main farmhouse, where visitors can come say hello and look through some exhibits or buy stuff. Out behind the old barn, a beautiful barn, lives the caretaker who's ancestors used to live on the farm. On weekends there are only two employees. Me and Eileen, who runs the visitors center while I am in the parking booth. To get my money stuffs I have to go to the visitors center, get my stuff, and leave. The caretaker unlocks the door for me because I'm the first one there. As I left the house, a strange man entered the house after me, coming from a painters truck. I assumed he was official since the house was being painted! So I left and went about my business, when at about 10:30, an hour and a half after I left, a volunteer ranger came down and told me the door was locked to the staff room! :confused: You can all gasp now. So I left the booth and went up to see if anyone was around, I walked around the house and peeked through windows and such. No one, but the door was locked. So when Eileen got there, we walked over to the caretakers house to make sure he was alright, as the car was there but he didn't answer the phone. We walked over, and he wouldn't come to the door. So Eileen being very daring, told me to go inside! So me and this 50 year old Eileen were scanning this guys house cautiously, when I get to the back of his house and the caretaker is sitting on the back porch, talking on the phone! Eileen comes up behind me talking away, and then realizes he's there! So we turned around and snuck out of his house without him ever knowing we were right behind. We then went around his house and said "good morning!" from the outside, like nothing had ever happened. :)

That story makes me laugh, maybe its a had to be there moment, but I thought it was funny. :)

EBphotography said:
I will share a story that makes me chuckle, but maybe it's just because I was there..

I work at a nature reserve, and it is located at a farm called "Laudholm Farm." The visitors center and staff offices are in the main farmhouse, where visitors can come say hello and look through some exhibits or buy stuff. Out behind the old barn, a beautiful barn, lives the caretaker who's ancestors used to live on the farm. On weekends there are only two employees. Me and Eileen, who runs the visitors center while I am in the parking booth. To get my money stuffs I have to go to the visitors center, get my stuff, and leave. The caretaker unlocks the door for me because I'm the first one there. As I left the house, a strange man entered the house after me, coming from a painters truck. I assumed he was official since the house was being painted! So I left and went about my business, when at about 10:30, an hour and a half after I left, a volunteer ranger came down and told me the door was locked to the staff room! :confused: You can all gasp now. So I left the booth and went up to see if anyone was around, I walked around the house and peeked through windows and such. No one, but the door was locked. So when Eileen got there, we walked over to the caretakers house to make sure he was alright, as the car was there but he didn't answer the phone. We walked over, and he wouldn't come to the door. So Eileen being very daring, told me to go inside! So me and this 50 year old Eileen were scanning this guys house cautiously, when I get to the back of his house and the caretaker is sitting on the back porch, talking on the phone! Eileen comes up behind me talking away, and then realizes he's there! So we turned around and snuck out of his house without him ever knowing we were right behind. We then went around his house and said "good morning!" from the outside, like nothing had ever happened. :)

That story makes me laugh, maybe its a had to be there moment, but I thought it was funny. :)

heheh oh my.... :)

This is interesting... Today I celebrate my 26th anniversary since my defection. I recall the way it happened all too well.

I was touring Italy with a Symphony Orchestra, playing in a little town called Ravello, just up the mountains from Naples. It was Sunday July 13, both lucky numbers for me (7 and 13). So I get up in the morning, pick up my fiddle and a few things and tell everyone that I'm going to take the bus to Pompeii and then return later for an evening rehearsal. So I take a cab, which did end up costing me an arm and a leg because I asked the guy to drive me to a somewhat distant town where I could catch the train to Rome. I arrive at that train station, I buy the ticket and start looking around to see if there's anyone following me. No one seems interested in me! Phew!!! Well, train comes, I get aboard and start being happy that I fooled them. Within an hour the train comes to a full stop, in the middle of nowhere!! Now I start shaking in my pants, I'm thinking that I've been discovered to be missing and they're trying to get their hands on me. So I lock myself in the nearest toilet. I was inside that little room for nearly three hours!! So, nearly three hours go by and the train started moving again and I come out with lots of caution. No one seems to be after me, again! Found out there were some sort of repairs done to the train tracks which caused the delay. Italian railroads are famous for that. Even today when I think about it I crack a smile. I was really almost c***ping in my pants!!!

This one took place during last ski season mid February.

I was with my dearest friend. Conditions at the base were stormy, but somewhat normal due to the huge snow year. For months we never took the tram to the top because the lines were stupid long. On this day there were only a handful of people. My reaction was let's get on it. Mel's reaction was "yeah, but there must be a reason that only 10 people are on line at 9 am". After a slight debate we headed up. Quickly we realized that conditions were near 70 mph winds with heavy snow. The rest of the story is hard to put into words. We bounced into the dock. Looked at each other. Then wet our selves. Soon as we were on the platform we lost each other. Literally could not see my hand in front of my face. After some doing we found each other and questioned our existence on earth. Then we questioned how we were going to get down. We are both too cool to take the tram down in winter, although the thought did cross our minds. Skiing was mystical and seemingly death defying. We prayed to see the car again. I had to keep "butt checking" to figure out where the ground was. We would take 4 turns then yell each others name. Four turns then yell. Four turns then yell. I remember being very intimidated by the mountain, but thinking how out of body and mystical the experience was. At the bottom of the "bowl" we sat in awe for about 12 seconds. Then high tailed it to the chairlifts. Proud to say we skied for an hour after that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back