Weekly challeng - Celebrate Good Times Come On! 12/23-12/29

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With everyone likely being super busy over the holiday week, this week’s challenge will hopefully be not too challenging! Post photos of holiday celebration. Food, family, friends, decorations, religious services, gifts - whatever works for you! As the family photographer im sure you’ll be taking pics anyway! As always new photos only please. Happy Holidays! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s photos.

53F9314E-685E-4D93-9EB6-E6F119DE50A4.jpeg

Table set for tomorrow. The gold trees were my MIL's and using her plates. We are down to 10 people at Christmas. When I hosted the big extended family/friends Christmas, I had many tables set up and have a collection of salt/pepper shakers.

Christmas table by Cheryl, on Flickr

Stuffed and ready for the iven
Table set for tomorrow. The gold trees were my MIL's and using her plates. We are down to 10 people at Christmas. When I hosted the big extended family/friends Christmas, I had many tables set up and have a collection of salt/pepper shakers.

Christmas table by Cheryl, on Flickr

I also collect Christmas salr and pepper sets. I have about 20 pairs. Almost enough for everyone to have their own tomorrow. I don’t have trees though. Will have to keep an eye out for a set of those.

This is something that all Dutch people eat in the last 2 weeks of the year, as an extra for breakfast with (mostly) butter/sugar or at coffee-time/tea-time.
We call it Kerststol

(from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Type: sweet bread
Place of origin: Netherlands
Kerststol is a traditional Dutch oval-shaped fruited Christmas bread. It is a yeast-based bread, with dried fruits, raisins and currants, lemon and orange zest, water, milk, butter, sugar, vanilla, brandy and cinnamon.
A more luxurious variety may include chopped walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts. Ginger powder or grated crystallized ginger, dried cherries and cranberries, apple, kiwi or cardamom may also be added to this pastry dough.

img.JPG

Last edited:
In the past 15 years, adults have started to give each other gifts on Christmas Day. Children receive gifts from Sinterklaas every year on December 5th (see my post Weekly challenge - Lighten Up Francis!!),so different than in the USA.
For the wife I bought her favorites from JP Gaultier "Classique" and "Opium" from YSL, my gift (camera bag and lens) comes later in January 2018!

img.JPG

Last edited:
Chocolate cake with salted caramel mousse filling and chocolate fudge ganache. The cake is so high that I had to Macgyver an extension for the cover to the cake dish. Put clementines around the rim of the dish and rested the cover on the clementines. Look funky but mission accomplished.

Chocolate cake with salted caramel mousse filling and chocolate fudge ganache. The cake is so high that I had to Macgyver an extension for the cover to the cake dish. Put clementines around the rim of the dish and rested the cover on the clementines. Look funky but mission accomplished.

It almost looks like a giant frosted whoopie pie!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back