Weekly challenge 8/15 - 8/21 Triangles

Tmax100TmaChallTri.jpg

Wow... my apologies. In my exuberance and nooby-ness, I did not see the rules. My bad. But, for the record, I still shoot with the LX, and processing 400ISO at 1600 in Acufine is done very quickly- Used for a lot of high school football. Acufine 1:7 at 85 degrees for 45 seconds, then water stop bath at 85 degrees and rapid fix for 1 minute at 85 degrees, then wash and photo flo at 85 degrees. total processing time under 6 minutes. :)

I suspected it wasn't a new photo so that's why my quip about the speed, I've been working with film for 53 years now, so I know a little bit about how it works, thanks.
I don't have 53 years (I am 55), but about 43. My brother and I are both photographers (He was in charge of Photo and Video at the White House), but in newspaper work, you are under constant deadlines and sometimes you have to produce very quickly. Not sure of your background, but with that kind of experience you most likely are familiar with this. I suppose my point in that was that if needed, a print/scan can be produced in as little as an hour with shooting and processing to final form, so several hour seems reasonable to me. Still, I get your meaning and once again, apologies for the Noob mistake. Won't happen again, promise. Be well, one and all and have a great day!

Wow... my apologies. In my exuberance and nooby-ness, I did not see the rules. My bad. But, for the record, I still shoot with the LX, and processing 400ISO at 1600 in Acufine is done very quickly- Used for a lot of high school football. Acufine 1:7 at 85 degrees for 45 seconds, then water stop bath at 85 degrees and rapid fix for 1 minute at 85 degrees, then wash and photo flo at 85 degrees. total processing time under 6 minutes. :)

No worries, happens all the time. During the challenge week we are hoping to motivate people to get out and shoot by providing a theme or technical challenge. After the challenge week ends, the thread remains open for any photos that fit the theme no matter when they were taken.

I hope you’ll continue to participate, I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome to the forum!

I intend to! Sometimes, I get pretty busy- and particularly now with the Covid issues. Many of my fellow professors were not able to return to China, and since photography, film and media in general are practical moreso than theoretical, we have to triple up on the courses we teach. I have ONE class for example that has 1200 students. China life. But anyway, as time permits, I will be here. Thanks for the nice note and I appreciate your understanding my mistake. Have an excellent day and be well!

Cordially,

Mark

..... and not sure if this one counts, as technically they are quadrilaterals?

View attachment 195969
You know, when I first looked at this shot, I thought the background person was a mirror because the poses are so close. I was like "Sarong in the foreground, pants in the background... hmmm!" :) Nice work here.

View attachment 195969
You know, when I first looked at this shot, I thought the background person was a mirror because the poses are so close. I was like "Sarong in the foreground, pants in the background... hmmm!" :) Nice work here.

Thank you! I spotted the girl in the background, and asked my 'model' to put her hand on her hip. Shame both not wearing sarongs :)

View attachment 195969

Thank you! I spotted the girl in the background, and asked my 'model' to put her hand on her hip. Shame both not wearing sarongs :)

You'd have fooled me if they had! Particularly if your model took off her hat, too. Is this in Thailand? Not sure if you have ever been to Bali in Indonesia, but there are just tons of these temples and all are ancient as well. Very cool to see this.

View attachment 195969

You'd have fooled me if they had! Particularly if your model took off her hat, too. Is this in Thailand? Not sure if you have ever been to Bali in Indonesia, but there are just tons of these temples and all are ancient as well. Very cool to see this.

Yes, Thailand, near the border with Laos

Most reactions

New Topics

Back