Weird sepia contrast explosion

NeXEkho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd like to start out by saying first of all that I'm not a serious photographer. I don't have any decent equipment and I mostly photograph for texture work and research rather than as art. (I'm a 3D modeller)

With the default auto settings on my Finepix S1500 (a basic superzoom point-and-shoot) I've taken close to 8000 photographs. And three of them, despite being taken on a glorious blue summer day in all instances, said days being months apart, look like this: (I've lost one, sorry)

10nuavm.jpg

2m5gpb9.jpg

In the second image, fstop is 1/5, exposure is 1/800, ISO is 64, focal length is 6mm and the exposure bias is 0. Flash was disabled in both instances.

Photos taken 10 seconds before/after are completely normal. It's odd; there's a fog added, the whole scene is sepia and the contrast has been turned way up. Is this a well-known phenomenon, a possible rare software bug causing it to choose wacky settings or something else? Because I love how it's come out. If I could trigger this condition, that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back