Well here it is... my wildlife instructional video debut

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend has an e-book about photography and he decided to include me in a wildlife segment with him and his fiance.. So here it is, the face behind the Photo of the year :) I'm the guy in the middle :lol: I was kind of nervous and twitchy and kept scanning for Ospreys :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You've really gotta relax, you look like some guy in witness protection looking over his shoulders for the hit man.

You've really gotta relax, you look like some guy in witness protection looking over his shoulders for the hit man.
LOL I know, and I swear I'm still sober...

Lol, almost 3 years without a drink, I obviously need one.. at least I can laugh at myself :)

The very first fish shown in the shot of Chelsea's (spelling?) Canon 400/5.6 intro is a hickory shad.

That is really cool. Nice to put a face to the man behind the pictures! I feel all connected as I have Tony's book and have watched many of his and Chelsea's videos.

I love how you kept getting distracted by whatever was flying overhead (ospreys). I would have been much worse by yelling out and pointing "there goes one!"

BTW yes I am sickly jealous of the deal you got on that lens. I am still running around with he 70-200 f4 with a 1.4 tc. It is driving me crazy making a decision on the next step up in length.

Awesome! And I learned something very important in that video--that your last name is NOT pronounced "Row" like I've pronounced it in my head all this time. :D

I did keep wondering what you'd do if a big ole Osprey with a fish came flying right at you. I kept expecting you to step back a few steps and aim your camera up at the sky while the other two were still talking.

Awesome! And I learned something very important in that video--that your last name is NOT pronounced "Row" like I've pronounced it in my head all this time. :D

I did keep wondering what you'd do if a big ole Osprey with a fish came flying right at you. I kept expecting you to step back a few steps and aim your camera up at the sky while the other two were still talking.

Haha, I mis-pronounced Kris' name for about the first year I knew him... he finally broke the news to me in the nicest way, "For some reason, my family pronounces it R-oww." ... as if I was right and his family was wrong :).

Despite our scanning eyes, we all did a great job of resisting temptation. The osprey were really taunting us, flying low over our heads with huge fish... and every time we took a break from filming everyone grabbed their cameras for some quick shots.

Thanks everyone! Welcome to the forum Tony! This is the best photo forum on the web because its actually about photography. There are many great people here eager to learn and eager to coach... other forums argue about gear...
Sharon now you know the secret pronunciation of my name :).
My Osprey shot in my other thread was right after we stopped filming.. Too bad we couldn't catch that on film to see how far back my neck was bent :)

No forum shout out, disappointed. ;)

Tony was a natural on camera.

Very interesting video. Honestly I just watched just to see you ... and then realized that the information that was given was real life experience.
Not bad ... though your rolling eyes did kind of make an unconscious statement about your buddy.

I assume you like the 300mm f/2.8 + teleconverter over the Tamron.

nice to put a name to a face. like dxqCanada, I really only watched it to see your debut. looks like you were a little nervous, but nothing to worry about it didn't seem overly distracting to me. Some of the information given by the overall video could be debated, but this isn't the place for that, it was an interesting watch. Sound like you had fun doing it.

Most reactions

Back