Well it was 20 years ago today.....

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
…that I got married to my best friend. :love: We’ve gone through some ups and downs, but not once did I ever think I made a mistake. In fact, I think a happy long-term relationship is one of the things to be proud of in life.

When I first went over to his house, all he had in his refrigerator was film, and beer. And some Louisiana hot sauce. There was a ladder propped up in the kitchen, and inexplicably, a chain saw on the kitchen floor. :scratch: Definitely a guy place. He had an odd assortment of furniture, but I clearly remember admiring a poster of Atlanta, a night shot of the city with light trails from the cars. I asked where he bought it and he replied he’d taken the shot. He brought out this funny little camera and went into great detail explaining this circa 1950’s Rolleiflex to me. I didn’t know an aperture from a hole in the ground back then, but his passion and confidence knocked me out.

I was a goner. :lovey:

I was in the middle of a separation from my first husband and I really didn’t need the complication, but he wouldn’t go away. His friends were seriously advising him to back off and not get involved. He ignored them all and waited for me to sort things out. Once I did, I never looked back. :heart:

We were laughing at our wedding pictures the other day. Here are a few, so have a snicker on me:

Outside the little chapel, preparing to walk down the aisle:

wedding1.jpg

At the alter

wedding2.jpg

We had a couple nice portraits

wedding3.jpg

And some moments of high cheese :lol:

wedding4.jpg

Two drunken, but extremely happy, people ;)

wedding5.jpg

Thanks for the best twenty years of my life, Brad! Oh, and thanks for being the person who put a camera in my hand to help you at a wedding shoot, with these stern instructions: "Don’t point it at people in front of a window. I’ll explain later." :biglaugh:

Poor guy; didn't know he was creating a monster. :mrgreen:

Awwwwww! :lovey: You were such a pretty bride. Congrats on 20 years of happiness. Here's to another 20 years (and more) for Brad and his "Monster". :cheers:

happy-anniversary-739372.jpg

Terri and Brad
Brad and Terri
... have many more years filled with love and friendship!

Congrats....Terri (& Brad)

I'm not yet at two months, I look forward to when we are at 20 years. That's a great accomplishment.

awww.....thanks for that, LaFoto! :blushing: And thanks all for the well wishes, guys.

Actually, we had a big celebration last night, dinner out at our fave place and wine, port, etc. :thumbup: We would have scheduled it for tonight, but it was half-price wine-night at our fave place. We're still pragmatic after 20 years. :lol:

Tonight, we're supposed to hit the gym to work it all off. I may talk him out of it, though. :mrgreen:

Congratulations!!!!!

Long term relationships are a HUGE accomplishment in life nowadays. You done good :mrgreen:

Your last name isn't Shaw is it? Terri Brad Shaw.

Nevermind.

Congrats hun, may you have many more.

Congrats Terri. You too Brad. Twenty years is a milestone to be proud of. Cathy and I wish you the best today, and forever. Enjoy your twentieth, and we wish you several more twenties together!!

Congrats!!! :cheer:

wishing you a many, many more! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back