What are some advice on lighting to get the best product photography?

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what if i only have one light source (aperture 120d). will that be sufficient? I am in a cramped space and I am considering buying this MyStudio MS32CYC Seamless Tabletop Background Sweep Cyclorama

instead of the stands with white background paper to conserve space

I am mostly shooting clothes, shoes, accessories. I want the best quality picture that stands out, but my problem has always been LIGHTING. My room has no natural light this time of season, I only have a dull light stand that emits a yellowish hue, and that's about it other than the 120d

Sounds like it's time to upgrade. For smaller objects, I use a portable photo studio. Folds up for storage, has it's own 5600k LED lights and provides a nice even lighting and a white background.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

For larger objects, you will probably want at least 2 LED light panels with diffusers if you want to stay with continuous light sources. Remember, the closer your lights are to your subject the more uneven the light. A tilt table can also very helpful.

You can take a shot of a gray card or something like an X-rite Color Checker Passport during a shoot, which helps get colors accurate during post processing.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Set a good custom white balance....use a triopod.... shoot at f 16 for deep Depth of Field.... use a self timer to avoid shaking the camera....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back