What are you reading?

Now currently reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

That was a good book! It was confusing at first because of double names for some of the characters.

Loved the book. Was a bit surprised when the movie came out and the previews sold it more as a thriller than a drama.
Just finished it, and I'll echo the comments on it being a good book and me loving it. I'd say 5 stars.

Quick possible spoiler, but just wanted to comment on something:
Was it just me, or did anyone else find it weird that everyone slept with everyone? I pity all their lives.

Then, as a surprise, the wife rented the movie, and we watched it yesterday. It was good, and had I not read the book, I think I would have liked the movie quite well. Definitely a little different, and they tried to capture the back and forth timeline of the book. They also tried to jam in all the important things from the book, so they did a good job with that. I wasn't exactly a fan of some of the things they changed (but I'm guessing they had to do it to make it fit within a movie), but at least they kept most of the major things.

I personally would have loved to see this as a made-for-TV movie in 3 parts. They could have really gotten into the details and did a lot with it from that perspective.

I saw the movie too and thought there was a good attempt at the angst. My friend watched it with me who did not read the book and was totally confused. I had to fill her in as the movie went along.
I can see her confusion, since a lot of the book is thought and introspection.

Started reading Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer.

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Leafing through two Anthony Bourdain cookbooks, Appetites: A Cookbook and Les Halles Cookbook.

Each recipe has an introduction which makes one feels as if Bourdain is there right next to you in a discussion of food.
Anthony Bourdain was an excellent writer.

It wasn’t quick enough for me :icon_lol:

But I’ve never really appreciated physics the way I should.

NO movie is EVER as good as the book. It just ain't possible.
Reading Stolen Prey by John Sandford

It wasn’t quick enough for me :icon_lol:

But I’ve never really appreciated physics the way I should.
LOL.

I’m doing the audiobook, and NGT is reading it, so it’s going pretty well for me. But then, I have an interest in physics, and I find it very interesting! :)

Finished The Girl on the Train. I really enjoyed it. Was confusing at first, but couldn't put it down. Haven't seen the movie. Would like to, just to see how well they did.

Currently reading, Hickory Dickory Dead by Cheryl Bradshaw. Didn't get great reviews. Read a number of her other books and they were great. This is the first in a new series, so we'll see how it goes. Next up is another by Cheryl called, Devil Died at Midnight. Another "one off", with better reviews. Got both free over the weekend. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Lol.

I just finished "You are the Placebo" By Dr. Joe Dispenza, which I found quite thought provoking- I am looking forward to checking out his other titles, but for now I am following that up with a "The Reluctant Apostate" By Lloyd Evans.

NO movie is EVER as good as the book. It just ain't possible.
Reading Stolen Prey by John Sandford

Silence of the Lambs
Godfather (I and II, not III)
Gone with the Wind

Most reactions

Back