What are you reading?

What have I done. I started Walter Isaacson's Leonardo da Vinci. Audiobook for my commute. The book is nearly 17 hours; I may have to request a renewal for this one. :ambivalence:

I'm currently reading After Dark by Haruki Murakami.

Last full read was Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by R.M Pirsig

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson

After finishing "Atlas Shrugged" I was due for some lighter reading.
I am now reading "Camel Club" by David Baldaccj.

Congratulations!
I have tried to read this book multiple times over the last 40 years or so, but could not get more than halfway through it. I will try it again soon.

After finishing "Atlas Shrugged" I was due for some lighter reading.
I am now reading "Camel Club" by David Baldaccj.

Not light enough! After Atlas Shrugged, you need something like the Peanuts strip :biglaugh:

Her writing is very bludgeony.

Her writing is very bludgeony.
It's like work trying to get through one of her books.

p.s.; new word I likes it

Congratulations!
I have tried to read this book multiple times over the last 40 years or so, but could not get more than halfway through it. I will try it again soon.
My English class required it. Book report, naturally.

Congratulations!
My English class required it. Book report, naturally.

Bad break up, quit a big paying job, it was a gift from "her"... I sat next to the running water of the wear, and read it, I've read some Plato and other stuff, but I did enjoy this, I had my own "Pheadrus" I was fighting, I guess you can run but you can't hide...

Finished The Girl on the Train. I really enjoyed it. Was confusing at first, but couldn't put it down. Haven't seen the movie. Would like to, just to see how well they did.

Don't know if you have seen the movie yet, but I would skip it. To be honest, I thought the book was okay - not that great but also nothing that I needed to throw across the room in disgust (*coughcoughTheHelpcoughcough*). But the movie was boring. They had it take place in NY, not London, for one, which isn't a bad thing in amd of itself, but it didn't really translate well in this case. And it made good actors look like they had the emotional range of a carrot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back