What are you reading?

FB_IMG_1543944939110.jpg

The Renegades by T. Jefferson Parker. Not yet sure why Renegades but not too far along yet.

Currently reading “Kill Artist” by Daniel Silva.

Amazon just delivered a new copy of “Zen and The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance” by Robert M. Pursing. This is the one I have tried to read on numerous occasions over the last forty years. I will have another go at it next.

Barbara Stanwyck: A Biography by Al Diorio.

Stanwyck is my favorite actress of all time.

Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

On-line articles about the effects of punctuation in the interpretation of text messages. Some fascinating research is ongoing.

All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. I just finished reading it and can’t praise it enough. It is set in France and Germany before, during and after WWII, and it focuses primarily on the lives of children growing into young adulthood. The characters are unforgettable.

Burning Down the Haus about the East German punk rock scene in the late 70s into the early 90s.

A History of Mystic, Connecticut From Pequot Village to Tourist Town. I picked it up on our last trip through.

Recently finished:
A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman, which I found wildly overrated. It was loaned to me by an enthusiastic reader who loved it...ugh, I dislike having to carefully come up with nice things to say about something that I didn't care for. :lol:

11/22/63, by Stephen King - also a loaner, from someone else. I liked it better than Ove, and I've liked a lot of Stephen King's stuff in the past. This one was interesting in premise but, for me, he made it overly long and injected what I found a needless scene involving the hero's love interest that made me like her much less. It was annoying that the author found this necessary for no apparent reason other than to give the hero a chance to be The Rescuer. Please!

Moving Mars, by Greg Bear. (This one I discovered in one of our bookcases. An old paperback.) Now here is a male author who's not afraid to have a realistic heroine. Sometimes sci-fi can be rough with character development, but not so in this one. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Lots of fun, with odd little details, that cracked me up.

I finished up Educated by Tara Westover last week. I’ve moved on to Good Clean Fun by Nick Offerman.

Having finished "Atlas Shrugged", I am breezing through "Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".

Most reactions

Back