What are you reading?

That's one I'd like to re-visit. (The "Zen" one, not AS.)

@otherprof: That Anthony Doerr book sounds very interesting! I might pick it up the next time I'm in a bookstore.

Bookstores are my downfall. I always come out with twice as many books as I think I'm going to get when I go in. My "to be read" stack never ends!

Having finished "Atlas Shrugged", I am breezing through "Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".
I loved “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintance” when I read it decades ago. I might be ready to read it again.

That's one I'd like to re-visit. (The "Zen" one, not AS.)

@otherprof: That Anthony Doerr book sounds very interesting! I might pick it up the next time I'm in a bookstore.

Bookstores are my downfall. I always come out with twice as many books as I think I'm going to get when I go in. My "to be read" stack never ends!

I've picked up 3 books already during this trip.

Me again. I'm ready to resume a book that I started last autumn, and was interrupted by holidays, family functions, and other books. I was given this book by a friend of mine, and I'm very happy because I doubt if I would buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/Tragedy-Hope...&keywords=tragedy+and+hope+by+carroll+quigley

I started skipping around in this because I didn't like the first chapter and other chapters looked more interesting. I'll read the remaining chapters now that I'm reading it again.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just ordered The Coddling of the American Mind for a book group with my colleagues at work. I can't wait to see what their theories are.

My book club just chose Tuesdays with Morrie for February's meeting. Gotta say I am not really looking forward to it.

I’m reading “Carter Beats the Devil” and enjoying it so much I can’t wait for it not to end, as a friend of mine once put it. Carter is a magician ( like Houdini, not a wizard) and the setting is the early twentieth century, around the time of President Harding. The historical detail is wonderful, and it has been a long time since I’ve found a novel so genuinely exciting. For those who liked “The Devil in the White City” this will be a treat.

My book club just chose Tuesdays with Morrie for February's meeting. Gotta say I am not really looking forward to it.

Have you read it before? I read it a couple years ago at a time in my life that made it especially difficult. I’m not sure I could get through it again.

I know high school teachers who teach it every year...that would be rough on me.

Have you read it before? I read it a couple years ago at a time in my life that made it especially difficult. I’m not sure I could get through it again.

I know high school teachers who teach it every year...that would be rough on me.

I have not. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit saccharine for my tastes.

I have not. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit saccharin for my tastes.

Probably! That’s a good word to describe it.

I have not. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit saccharin for my tastes.

Probably! That’s a good word to describe it.

Le sigh. I'm betting my book group is going to love it.

I often find myself at odds with my book group. Listening to them prattle on about The Help was torturous, for example. I hated that book.

I know what the book is about and understand why it may trigger strong emotions in people as they remember people they've lost, etc. I get it. But I am predicting much gushing at the next meeting, and dear lord, do I hate gushing.

The Library was closed yesterday because there was a food truck and they do double duty.
So I'm currently reading Lee Child- Never Go Back (a Jack Reacher novel)
I tend to like the strong loner type characters.

Collateral Damage: Memoir of a Cross Eyed Sniper.

Alfie, by Bill Naughton.

Just finished The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff. It is similar to The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. Both are about women as WWII spies. The one by Kate Quinn had much more details describing the scenes and emotion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back