What are you watching on TV right now?

Watched The Aviator again last night, great movie I always thoroughly enjoy.

Not involved in anything in particular at the moment. On Saturday, I required a recovery day and ended up watching a bunch of "Deep Space Nine" episodes on Pluto.

I'm looking forward to watching "Picard" though I won't do so until April when the 3rd and final season wraps up. I refuse to pay for a Paramount+ subscription just for one show, so when the series is finished, I'll sign up for a 2-week trial and just burn through the 3 seasons before I have to pay for anything. Plus, I like watching a series after it's over: first, so I can go through the whole series on my own time, and second, because I like closure and not having to wait weeks and weeks for that closure.

I hate those sequential series releases where episodes are dripped 1 or 2 at a time followed by a long break. SF series worth looking for--"The Expanse." Lighter on SFX and longer on plot and character development.

Season 2 of 'Your Honor', a slow start but now at Episode 6 and things are warming up nicely.

"The Consultant" on Prime. Creepy fun. Great villain role for Christoph Waltz.

Not involved in anything in particular at the moment. On Saturday, I required a recovery day and ended up watching a bunch of "Deep Space Nine" episodes on Pluto.

I'm looking forward to watching "Picard" though I won't do so until April when the 3rd and final season wraps up. I refuse to pay for a Paramount+ subscription just for one show, so when the series is finished, I'll sign up for a 2-week trial and just burn through the 3 seasons before I have to pay for anything. Plus, I like watching a series after it's over: first, so I can go through the whole series on my own time, and second, because I like closure and not having to wait weeks and weeks for that closure.
Tried to get interested in Picard and failed. I gave up after a few episodes of season 1.

If you do end up getting Paramount Plus, check out The Offer about the making of The Godfather movie. I really enjoyed it. Love TG so this was a fun perspective Not a documentary.

I hate those sequential series releases where episodes are dripped 1 or 2 at a time followed by a long break. SF series worth looking for--"The Expanse." Lighter on SFX and longer on plot and character development.
Agree’. I usually wait until season 2 is almost done then will binge watch season 1 and 2.

I'll be interested in your critique of "Picard." Looks great on the trailers with all the old characters, but has mixed reviews. I'm torn! I don't want anything to ruin my fond memories of TNG. ❤️

Finally got around to watching the 1927 classic Metropolis - Fantastic, kicked myself for not watching it a long time ago.

I’ve started Daisy Jones and the Six on Prime. I like the story and the acting is good but the music so far is weak. Hard to fully get into the plot of an amazing band if their music is just meh. Makes me appreciate how the music from the last two Star is Birn movies was so Fantastic!

Not really TV but YouTube has a special showing of a BBC version of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". This is the 1969 production with David Warner, Diane Riggs, Judith Dench and others. It's a couple of hours long, and I don't know how long it will be available: You need a YouTube account and will have to sign in.

""

"Rough Diamonds" on Netflix. Belgian thriller/crime fiction set in the Antwerp diamond market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back