What brand of camera do you use?

What brand of camera do you use?

• Total voters
Come on Nikon You can do it
only down by alittle

I have a Canon AE-1 and a Fuji S700. I really wish I had the patience to get film developed before I can see my shots for the AE-1, it's a great camera. I like the convenience of the digital camera. Could there be a DSLR in my near future? Probably not on my budget, but I would love to have one.

I have a Canon AE-1 and a Fuji S700. I really wish I had the patience to get film developed before I can see my shots for the AE-1, it's a great camera. I like the convenience of the digital camera. Could there be a DSLR in my near future? Probably not on my budget, but I would love to have one.

That AE-1 is a sound camera, I have one and reasently bought one for my GF. Develop that patients, you will be glad you did.

I voted Nikon because I have more of them (F100, FE, D70), but I also use, on a regular basis, Canon (Canonet QL-17), Yashica Electro 35, and Holga

I also own, but don't really use anymore, a couple Pentax's.. (K1000, ZX-M) and a Ricoh KR-10M that I used in college photo classes.

Since I can't vote I'll say here: A Canon.

The poll is useless for those like myself who use several brands of cameras.

skieur

Nikon D60 and used to have a Nikon 6006

Just develop them yourself. If you stick with B&W in the AE-1 (B&W film is on the shelf at CVS pharmacy) it's insanely simple, far easier to learn than riding a bicycle, and you can do it in the bathroom with stuff that stores in a large shoebox. Color is a bit tougher, but certainly not all that hard. (But don't *START* trying to develop color.)

After the film is dry, let it hang overnight, just stick it in a scanner if you don't want to make traditional prints. (Yea, *THAT* takes a lot of room and is a pain to learn.) You can shoot two rolls of B&W in an afternoon, develop them that night, and have them scanned after the film is dry the next morning. If you're really into photoshop, think of them as the ultimate paint by number set.

Is it as convenient as digital? No, of course not. Is it better? No, it's different. (After all, it's stupid to ask if cheesecake is better than meatloaf. Just because they're both food doesn't mean they are in the same category. Same with digital and film, just because they both take pictures doesn't mean they compare straightforwardly. After all, drawing pencils and drafting paper makes pictures, too.)

MB

Is it as convenient as digital? No, of course not. Is it better? No, it's different. (After all, it's stupid to ask if cheesecake is better than meatloaf. Just because they're both food doesn't mean they are in the same category. Same with digital and film, just because they both take pictures doesn't mean they compare straightforwardly. After all, drawing pencils and drafting paper makes pictures, too.)

MB

:lmao: That has to be the coolest anology I've ever seen. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back