WHAT CAMERA DO YOU THINK I USED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he want to know where we live??? Is he gonna come beat us up! im soo scared... I see dumb people. what a yack-off. Go back to your nursery. and BTW Ive seen Pros who will school you with a $15 Holga.

There must be a wierd thing that happens to somebody when they go out and buy thier first digital camera. All of the sudden they can shoot hundereds of photos and its like instant gratification so they think they are better than the other milion people who just bought their digicams so, they make a website and put up a thousand "Okay" photos of the same thing. I think if you have done any darkroom work you learn to select only the best and you understand every aspect of the photo and its composition so you select a few "excelent" shots to show. All this is done with auto settings and zero understanding of light and controlling DOF and composition. Its almost like a plague.

***Perfect example http://www.ctyme.com/mavica/baby.htm ***

Sorry...Im in a pissy mood tonight.

DIRT said:
There must be a wierd thing that happens to somebody when they go out and buy thier first digital camera. All of the sudden they can shoot hundereds of photos...

It's not so weird. They take a bunch of pictures, and a few of them spark some interest. So they take some more photos, and it's amazing how even putting in a minimal amount of thought and effort can improve the results, so some of these aren't half bad. The world of photography begins opening up for them, and it's so fun and exciting and even powerful! By then it's too late; another photo-junkie is born. ;) I'm a hardcore film geek, but even I started out with a digital camera (Kodak DC-25 I think?, boy, it sucked! ).

The same thing happened almost 100 years ago with the introduction of ready made, easy to use (compared to what came before) photographic materials such as dry plates and roll film. Kodak sold a box camera that would allow the photog to take 100 pics, send the whole thing into Kodak, and then get back the pics, and their camera loaded with a new roll of film. This meant the photog didn't also have to be a chemist, or have a pack mule to haul their gear. They could just bust out the camera, and take pics of their kids, garden, job, whatever they wanted.

Actually I think it's the colors =p. All his pictures have some kind of extra color than you would normally see, so automatically to him it looks good. You know if it's good when you turn that into B&W and you still care about the picture. When all the color is gone are you still interested in the actuall photograph or not?

Why can't you guys take a condescending tone and just say "good job" to the guy.

It's hard to photograph sunsets you know. :) At least at the beginning they can be a challenge, but rewarding...

I say good job and congrats on starting with photography!

Cheers

I know what yah mean Doc, but hes spamming a forum weve worked hard to make full of posts of his website, thats just not on, and when we challenge him, he makes remarks calling us idiots...

If it where just an etiquette issue like caps, then he would be corrected and that would be it. But it seemed to me, to be a bit more then that. We may have been a little over protective, but there was some goading that led me to believe it was a spamming issue.

Ok...lets all lay off this person now, ok? Everyone deserves a second chance, right? So if they are doing something wrong, tell the the correct thing to do, or the correct ettiquette, then drop it. They don't seem to be spamming really anymore anyway.

Artemis said:
I know what yah mean Doc, but hes spamming a forum weve worked hard to make full of posts of his website, thats just not on, and when we challenge him, he makes remarks calling us idiots...

While I agree that a bunch of posts only promoting his/her website and all caps is annoying, no where has he or she called anyone an idiot. In fact he/she even apologized at least once. Actually I've been sort of surprised at the dog piling and name calling. Reminds me of the snarkier photo forums, and not TPF.

Just like we tolerate the same basic photography questions over and over, we need to keep in mind that people have to learn to interact on these forums, and we may have to educate them there too. Rather than dogging on his/her work, maybe we could offer suggestions of appropriate posting such as not using all caps and that by adding a pic to their post they turn spam into a welcome post. Some of the posts in this thread have been very helpful ( go Alison! ), but others just seem to say "you stink, get lost!"

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I get enough negative vibe over at photo.net. I like to think that TPF is more civil. :)

:soapbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back