What could improve this picture?

The bolded part is the important part of that statement.

I beg to differ.

If you asked me what kind of camera I am using, I would tell you to look in my signature. I wouldn't give you the settings in which I took a specific shot, in which you are implying that you are truly asking.

The most important part of that excerpt was the question asked, not the statement. You ASKED what camera she was using, not what settings she had it adjusted to.

I fixed your question for you:

"Could you please post the EXIF data from the photographs you took? I may be able to help with setting suggestions if this information is posted...."

However I was going to instruct on how to get the metering modes set properly. Unlike you apparently I have a program that tells me the EXIF data. As do a lot of the members on this forum. Hence tehre is no need for me to ask what settings. It however doesn't show the camera for this shot (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...q=exif&cat=all)

My offer still stands to the OP, if you need help with spot metering, let me know. As for uneducatedLochart here, welcome to my ignore list. In nashville speak that's "i wont see your posts anymore"

Last edited by a moderator:
The bolded part is the important part of that statement.

I beg to differ.

If you asked me what kind of camera I am using, I would tell you to look in my signature. I wouldn't give you the settings in which I took a specific shot, in which you are implying that you are truly asking.

The most important part of that excerpt was the question asked, not the statement. You ASKED what camera she was using, not what settings she had it adjusted to.

I fixed your question for you:

"Could you please post the EXIF data from the photographs you took? I may be able to help with setting suggestions if this information is posted...."

However I was going to instruct on how to get the metering modes set properly. Unlike you apparently I have a program that tells me the EXIF data. As do a lot of the members on this forum. Hence tehre is no need for me to ask what settings. It however doesn't show the camera for this shot (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...q=exif&cat=all)

My offer still stands to the OP, if you need help with spot metering, let me know. As for uneducatedLochart here, welcome to my ignore list. In nashville speak that's "i wont see your posts anymore"

Even your resulting question has nothing even comparable to the original question you have asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nekkid chick at the end of the rainbow? :eyebrows:

Okay everyone, let's get back on track! If you don't have anything useful to contribute to the OPs questions regarding her images, then give your typing fingers a rest... Mmmmmmkay? Thanks!

Thanks guys for the input.

KmH - thanks for the link. I had a chance to look briefly and it looks like there are many good tips and articles. It is easy to get overwhelmed with this stuff, but plan to keep this site and reference more.

LinktheWorld - Thank you for taking the time to edit my picture. I appreciate it and like it. It is ok to keep it up - I actually was hoping for suggestions like this as well - can you explain how you lightened the rocks? I was more worried about showing the rainbow and yours does both.

ceejtank - thank you and I will take you up on your offer. I tried downloading 2 exif programs from the mozilla link provided in a post. I can't get the exif data to show. I am going to try uploading the original in this post to see if that works - if not, how do I get the exif to show? I am also adding the data that I pulled from my computer.

I am using a Kodak EasyShare M340 point-and-shoot that I bought about 6 years ago or so. Most settings were on auto. I have only been playing with the exposure capture function and have finally figured that out mostly - like I understand that if you make the EC in the negatives numbers, it darkens the photos, but if you put it in the + numbers, it lightens the photo, just working on figuring out how much of the EC to use. What it looks like on my camera is different than what it looks like on the computer.

The settings:
F-stop: f/5.6
exposure time: 1/640 sec
ISO speed: ISO-80
exposure bias: -1.3
focal length: 6 mm
max aperture: 3.26
35 mm focal length

$102 Original resize.jpg

Thanks.
Stephanie

LinktheWorld - Thank you for taking the time to edit my picture. I appreciate it and like it. It is ok to keep it up - I actually was hoping for suggestions like this as well - can you explain how you lightened the rocks? I was more worried about showing the rainbow and yours does both.

Oh your welcome. I just used the "shadow protection" that is in the ViewNX 2 software.

Post some more pictures of your trip when you can, it looks like it was a lot of fun.

Most reactions

Back