What do u guys think ?

w_tech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this today and threw into Lightroom and messed around with it . My first time posting any of my pictures on a forum , why not. ? I want to know what other photographers think .

Attachments

• $image-3845259361.jpg
    $image-3845259361.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 142
Set the size in LR. There are a few options but for screen and digital display I normally just set the long edge between 1000-2000 pixels, ppi 100 for screen. That's normally big enough to see details but not quite high enough for a good print.

ppi 100 for screen

Why bother setting ppi? It's a tag that is unused. Might as well set it to 3000, as long as the pixel dimensions are correct.

Thanks guys good info , worked great !

Can ya tell ima newbie ? Lol

ppi 100 for screen

Why bother setting ppi? It's a tag that is unused. Might as well set it to 3000, as long as the pixel dimensions are correct.

To be fair mate I hadn't looked into it that much, but you are right. I'll just start leaving it at 300 then as that's what I put in for print. Thanks for the input!

Not to go off topic here, but if I try to upload at 300 ppi it kicks me out every time and says upload failed. If I lower it to 200, it goes through fine.

BTW, nice shot. :wink:

Not to go off topic here, but if I try to upload at 300 ppi it kicks me out every time and says upload failed. If I lower it to 200, it goes through fine.

BTW, nice shot. :wink:

i don't know what is up with that either. Think it has to be under 2 megabytes or something. i put things jpg and shrunk them to 2200 pixel by whatever to get them to post...

course the photo files are different sizes. so some i have to make smaller....to get them under 2 megabytes...

I love the babies expression. Nicely presented...

Santosh Rane

If I'm uploading to here I also set the maximum file size in LR export to just below the upload limit

File size probably has a lot more to do with anything than the PPI. I don't use LR, but here is a shot from a birthday party shoot on January 20. Never mind the picture, it's chosen to be innocuous. But note that it has the PPI set to 3000 for demonstration purposes.

$d8_7693s.jpg

Most reactions

Back