What do you do? (Besides pictures of corse)

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am sure this has already been discussed before, but I went back a ways and couldn't find the thread. I also tried the search bar with no success, and since I'm curious I figured I would ask.

Anyways, I am curious what all you TPF members do for a living! Who's loving the retired life, who's at work, what you do and all that.

As for Me, I'm lucky enough to be staying at home with the kiddos all day. DH promised me early in our marriage that as long as I never served him hamburger helper again (that was a staple during our first year) that I would never have to work again. So here I am, 6 years later just your average, cooking, cleaning, photo taking, trying to keep the kids alive, homeschooling wife and mom.

What about you?

I am sure this has already been discussed before, but I went back a ways and couldn't find the thread. I also tried the search bar with no success, and since I'm curious I figured I would ask.

Anyways, I am curious what all you TPF members do for a living! Who's loving the retired life, who's at work, what you do and all that.

As for Me, I'm lucky enough to be staying at home with the kiddos all day. DH promised me early in our marriage that as long as I never served him hamburger helper again (that was a staple during our first year) that I would never have to work again. So here I am, 6 years later just your average, cooking, cleaning, photo taking, trying to keep the kids alive, homeschooling wife and mom.

What about you?

I work in the Risk Assesment department of a web based company, basically fraud detection and prevention in addition to dealing with various privacy and legal issues/threats.

I work full time as a SQL Server DBA in the healthcare sector. Prior engagements have been in the software development, governmental, and entertainment sectors.

I live with my wife, our cat, and our ferocious dog.
Other hobbies include fishing, hiking, and eating lots of candy infront of the TV.

Originally from the UK (East London) - I am now living in Portland, OR via Boulder CO

I miss my family back in the UK, but love my life, and the people I have in it.

My title is Research Manager. I work for a large university in the financial aid department dealing with one off and complex situations.

Just got the house I've been telling myself is the reason I am still here. Time to put my money where my mouth is and starting looking for a new job after 7 years of being here.

I am a tool and die maker/machinist for a big shelving manufacturer. I also work part time building small pulling tractor

You tricked me into giving up my name. You think I'm falling for this one??!! LOL!!!

I'm an Operations Director, curriculum developer, and educator at a university in SK.

I work as a Information Systems Administrator for a Florida Power and Light.

Also I have all most every possible Microsoft certification possible MCM,MCDBA, Etc...

I attended University Of Florida where i received my B.A Information Systems and i am working on my masters.

P>S Go Gators ....

Im a full time volunteer working in the Amphibious Assault community. Currently volunteering at Combat Assault Battalion as the Operations Chief.

I'm a teacher. I taught ESL for a long time in various places, and for the past 10 years, I've been teaching writing and literature at a community college. I am also training to be a paralegal. Actually, I will be finished with all my classes one week from tomorrow!

Oh yeah, and...

P>S Go Gators ....

Go Gators!!! :cheer: (LS '92, BA in Linguistics)

I do a little bit of everything. My title is marketing manger but being in a small department I do a little bit of everything. I specialize in photo, video and web design.

Most reactions

Back