What effect is this?

Because shooting 1000 frames of Polaroid is.. a pain in the butt?

Always thought pain is a part of artistic creation.

The original images look like they were with Polaroid color film, 669 and 690 worked in the original Land camera series. The film gets this look after being 3 or more years out of date. It amazes me how long this film will last: a few years ago someone on Flickr bought some type 47 B&W roll film that was over 30 years out of date. I sent a Model 95 Polaroid camera to him, and they all worked. I've got a few rolls of Polaroid 690 in the fridge.

It won't look exactly like this, but one way you can get a similar foundation look (thus requiring LESS photoshopping to get it jusssst the way you want) is to detach your lens from your SLR, and hold it with your hand so it is sitting sort of in its mount but not actually attached, or with a millimeter or two gap.

This will let light leak in and cause effects much like that, without having to go use any different equipment. If it isn't enough, you can even have a friend shine a flashlight into the gap between your lens and body, or rubber band one onto your camera, etc.

Look up "freelensing" for more info.

I am agree with The_Traveler there are a various color combination and effect, i like most. So have to work with varieties color and contrast.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back