What it would look like if the pros were to ask for C&C on TPF......

nice..that guy is so right.

:lmao: Good one!

It is far from the main reason I don't post photos but, yeah, it would be annoying.

Then it wouldn't be perfection, if there was a fault.

Photography is not an exact science. At some point it all gets subjective.

I love this, I saw it a while ago posted on Kenny R's site. I do laugh when I see some comments here that remind of these though. Like Keith said, its all subjective.

I think it said the Steichen photo near the bottom is the most expensive photo ever sold to date at $2.9 million... "Much too dark exposure and not sharp. I suppose you may say that you tried to make it unsharp but what the hell's the point in that. I like things sharp." Funny!

Then it wouldn't be perfection, if there was a fault.

Photography is not an exact science. At some point it all gets subjective.

Find me something "perfect" and I will find flaw. Yes, that's my point :sexywink:

banging%20the%20wall%20cartoon%20berro%20website.gif

There would be 5+ pages of responses, telling that person, (I.e KevinPutman), how much they sucked and to go die =D

trolololololl

There would be 5+ pages of responses, telling that person, (I.e KevinPutman), how much they sucked and to go die =D

trolololololl

Not gonna let it go, are you?

Have fun up there on that cross!

BTW, have you learned how to focus yet? :lmao:

(come on, now THAT'S funny.)

Very funny bit. In a camera club I once belonged to we speculated on what the judges would say if we entered photos by famous photographers, but not the ones that are instantly recognizable. The consensus was that the judges would pick on what they saw as technical flaws and reject them - pretty much like the comments on that blog.

One interesting note is that when I read the comments on the William Eggleston photo, they didn't seem funny, because that's what my reaction to him has always been. Either I just don't get his work, or he's fooled a lot of people, or it's all totally subjective as Keith says.

Awesome article!

I think the biggest problem and especially today is that photographers are narcissistic.

Let's be honest here, photography is the one profession that isn't regulated. There aren't any standards or anything like that, there isn't even an organizing body that reviews photographers. So everyone is a professional.
I know MANY guys who never posts on forums due to the article. I post strong for about six months, then take three years off of posting lol. Majority of people offering critiques either are not qualified or have no idea what their talking about.
It's one thing to critique a photo, yet another to not understand and critique base it how you (the reviewer) would shoot it.

On average, I make 2,700.00 per session of which I shoot two per week. I shoot client work that appears in magazines, billboards and online. When I post photos, I say I don't care to be critiqued. Why? Majority of people critiquing aren't working making money, yet they feel the need to offer unsolicited advice on something most can't quite obtain. I'm not saying I'm above mistakes, but I let those with the check books critique me.

Forums are good and bad. They expose photographers to different techniques and ideology, but bad in the sense some people feel as though it's their job to critique. Why would I listen to someone that is shooting free, when I'm doing pretty good on my own? I love it when people offer up critique then TOTALLY devalue it by saying "I'm a novice" or "I'm a beginner so take it with a grain of salt" LOL.

Sorry for the rant, just touched a tender spot with me lol.

Awesome article!

I think the biggest problem and especially today is that photographers are narcissistic.

Let's be honest here, photography is the one profession that isn't regulated. There aren't any standards or anything like that, there isn't even an organizing body that reviews photographers. So everyone is a professional.
I know MANY guys who never posts on forums due to the article. I post strong for about six months, then take three years off of posting lol. Majority of people offering critiques either are not qualified or have no idea what their talking about.
It's one thing to critique a photo, yet another to not understand and critique base it how you (the reviewer) would shoot it.

On average, I make 2,700.00 per session of which I shoot two per week. I shoot client work that appears in magazines, billboards and online. When I post photos, I say I don't care to be critiqued. Why? Majority of people critiquing aren't working making money, yet they feel the need to offer unsolicited advice on something most can't quite obtain. I'm not saying I'm above mistakes, but I let those with the check books critique me.

Forums are good and bad. They expose photographers to different techniques and ideology, but bad in the sense some people feel as though it's their job to critique. Why would I listen to someone that is shooting free, when I'm doing pretty good on my own? I love it when people offer up critique then TOTALLY devalue it by saying "I'm a novice" or "I'm a beginner so take it with a grain of salt" LOL.

Sorry for the rant, just touched a tender spot with me lol.

It's a bit different at times when you're comparing wedding shots or product shots (ie commercial work) to pure artistic photography. Commercial work - sure, who cares about what anybody but the client thinks. But for an artistic image, it is interesting to see how people react to it. People who know nothing about photography can still look at an image and say "I love it" or "I hate it" just based on how it appeals to them, they don't have go justifying their gut feeling with technical rules of composition, blah blah blah.

Most reactions

Back