What to consider when switching from DX to FF

i would go with FF. my experience with Nikon DX has been just with D7000. i think D7100 has almost similar IQ but with better autofocus ....the price difference between D600 and D7100 shouldnt be too much.... or even the D700 for that matter... i would take D600 anytime and then slowly upgrade the lens.

FX makes 24-50-85 or 28-50-85 a POWERFUL three-prime lens set.
Well ... what kind of prime set you get is pretty much up to your taste, really.

IIRC for Nikon we have right now:
f/1.8: 20mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm
f/1.4: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 58mm(*), 85mm

In any Leica M forum, theres always threads about what kind of primes people got, and really everybody gets something different.

P.s.: Oh, and theres a ton of older lenses on the used market, and second party lenses, too.

i would go with FF. my experience with Nikon DX has been just with D7000. i think D7100 has almost similar IQ but with better autofocus ....the price difference between D600 and D7100 shouldnt be too much.... or even the D700 for that matter... i would take D600 anytime and then slowly upgrade the lens.
I actually did just that. I have a d7000. Looked at upgrading but the price difference between the d7100 and d600 wasn't much, so I went to the d600. Great camera. Last night I put the d7000 on my lens and didn't like how it performed, so I grabbed the d600 again. I rarely use the d7000 anymore.

Last night I put the d7000 on my lens and didn't like how it performed, so I grabbed the d600 again. I rarely use the d7000 anymore.
When you have a Mercedes E class why on earth would you want to use your Toyota Corola :)

Last night I put the d7000 on my lens and didn't like how it performed, so I grabbed the d600 again. I rarely use the d7000 anymore.
When you have a Mercedes E class why on earth would you want to use your Toyota Corola :)
I wouldn't rate Nikon in the same league as Mercedes

Why do you have a Nikon D60 ... that's like a Yugo by comparison.

probably an off-topic, but of all cars I have had Mercedes was most disappointing :1398: Not the worst, but the one that flattered to deceive most.

Nikon does make a 28-300 VR lens for full frame if you still want to stick with a all in one system and many love that lens for travel. But others have mentioned much better options in my opinion. When I travel, I like to be light and not carry too much gear that weighs me down, so I really LOVE shooting my 35 f/2D on my D610. Its a wide angle standard, so its just wide enough for most landscapes and it can focus rather close 1:4, for a prime lens, the 35mm is very versatile on full frame and I really love how it renders the colors and out of focus elements, it almost has a unique look. I just love it.

My 24-85/2.8-4.0 AF-D is my "goto" lens for walkarounds if I don't bring the 18-35 AF-D.

Anyone notice that the OP last posted 5 days ago?
My guess is that he has gotten all he needs from this thread

Anyone notice that the OP last posted 5 days ago?
My guess is that he has gotten all he needs from this thread
yeah but we're just chatting back and forth about cars now :)

I wouldn't rate Nikon in the same league as Mercedes
Well I know, its more like Bentley but I didnt want to make the NON Nikon people feel bad, nice of you to point this BTW since you LOVE Nikon so much.
As always Gary is No.1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back