What's new

What would a first time wedding pro use? Nikon or Canon?

What would pro use for their first wedding?


  • Total voters
    50
cmon, seriously guys, nikons are made of plastic and just won't stand up to my canon
 
I refuse to buy any camera sold at walmarts toy department
 
not sure how i missed this thread until now... but i just have one question.
if i choose the option "I need to be shot and buried in a shallow grave", am i voting for myself to be shot and buried in a shallow grave, or tharmsen to be shot and buried in a shallow grave?
 
not sure how i missed this thread until now... but i just have one question.
if i choose the option "I need to be shot and buried in a shallow grave", am i voting for myself to be shot and buried in a shallow grave, or tharmsen to be shot and buried in a shallow grave?

Tharmsen. Do it.
 
not sure how i missed this thread until now... but i just have one question.
if i choose the option "I need to be shot and buried in a shallow grave", am i voting for myself to be shot and buried in a shallow grave, or tharmsen to be shot and buried in a shallow grave?

Good question. Either way kinda sucks.

That's why I voted for the right answer. D40x!!

Why on Earth would anybody ever need 21 MP...
Plus the 1DsMkIII is so big... And you do realize that it doesn't even have a flash, right?

EDIT

I forgot the most important thing. The 1DsMkIII doesn't have auto mode. In a fast paced wedding shoot, you won't have time to mess around with all those settings. ISO, shutter speed, aperture... That's just too much stuff to keep track of.
 
Last edited:
not sure how i missed this thread until now... but i just have one question.
if i choose the option "I need to be shot and buried in a shallow grave", am i voting for myself to be shot and buried in a shallow grave, or tharmsen to be shot and buried in a shallow grave?

Good question. Either way kinda sucks.

That's why I voted for the right answer. D40x!!

Why on Earth would anybody ever need 21 MP...
Plus the 1DsMkIII is so big... And you do realize that it doesn't even have a flash, right?

EDIT

I forgot the most important thing. The 1DsMkIII doesn't have auto mode. In a fast paced wedding shoot, you won't have time to mess around with all those settings. ISO, shutter speed, aperture... That's just too much stuff to keep track of.

Yeah but if you have a super uber lens then everythings o.k.... Right???
 
Yeah but if you have a super uber lens then everythings o.k.... Right???

What pro could afford that??

I thought all wedding photographers used the (awesome) kit lens.
Why blow money on worthless "L" crap when the kit lens can do everything you need?
 
Amiga rulz!

I'm watching Star Trek:TOS in HD... this is weird. I'm amazed there is such quality in a 40 year old show that it would actually be noticable.
 
^Random

Yeah but the kit lens won't let me zoom in sooo far because this is my first time shooting a wedding and I'm scared of bothering them (because my built in flash is soooo awesome it might be an uber distraction) so I'm taking piccies through a window outside of the synagogue (yes it's a jewish wedding). I really want to be able to zoom in on their eyezzz!!!
 
I stepped in a pile of D40 once.

did it smell?
did ken wipe if off your shoe and recompose it into a fully functional professional wedding D40?

i'm watching Sliders: Season 1.
 
...I'm watching Almost Famous on HBO.
 
I'm watching Small Wonder season 1. Youtube it if you're not in the know.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom