What would you buy with $7,500?

dcmoody23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I say $7,500 because $5K seems like too little, and $10K seems like two much.
Okay: The only assumptions are that you have a calibrated computer & monitor that you're satisfied with (so don't put money there)
Software, lighting, and of course camera, lenses, and misc accessories are ALL needed
No brand bias, if you're Canon then go canon, nikon = nikon, sony = sony, etc.

If you don't have time for the upmost detailed thing (which most won't) then just put together a quick version. I'm asking because I want to see where people put their priorities - and also what gear they'd buy first of course :p

If you want more challenge then please put A.) before your post and your budget (i.e. $5000) and if you feel like $7500 doesn't do you justice then put B.) and your amount. the A.) and B..) is for sorting purposes (I'm kind of OCD about certain things) for personal use and 'tallying'

I really hope this post isn't a fail, because it could raise some interest conversation

**EDIT: - wow, that was kind of time consuming -- I'd love to get even just your 'rough estimate' for what you'd do with your money, or even just a list of priorities***

Thanks!

Last edited:
My $7500 (Okay, closer to $8000) :p
- Canon 5D Mark II - $2250 [for me - my mother is a supplier ;)]
- Canon 70-200 f/2.8L II IS USM - $2050
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 - $350
- Canon 24mm f/1.4L II USM - $1750
- Manfrotto Tripod - $200
$6650

Filters - All 77mm
- Assorted step up rings - $20
- B&W Circular polarizer - $100
- B&W ND 3.0 - $100
- B&W ND 0.9 (2) - $200
- B&W UV - $50
B&W Grad ND 0.6 (2)- $200
Total Filters: $670

Software -
- Adobe CS5 design premium - $450 (Student)
[- onOne Premium Plugin - $250 (student)](Not included with final decision!)
- HDR efex pro - $80 (student)
Total software: $530

Lighting: (optional for me, don't really even use anything but natural lighting -- yet)
Vivitar 285HV - $80
Flash trigger receiver - $25
Lighting Kit w/ 'studio' setup - $150
Total Lighting:$255

Last edited:
You need to go out and take some pictures.
Srsly.

I like your sig :)

Golf is not even that expensive though! Its got a reputation of being a super expensive elitist sport but can easily be played for a reasonable price.

I'm sorry was that off topic? I'd get a Nikon D7000 and a 70-200mm VR 2.8 lens!

Canon 300D - $250
Canon 50 f/1.8 - $100
2x profoto 1200w/s + 2 acute head kits - $2250 ea used
2x tronix explorer xt se battery packs - $429 ea

About $5500. Use the rest for modifiers.

I got my iPhone 4.0 for $2250 too with free shipping and no tax :)

1Ds MkIII, with a few bucks left over for a memory card or something.

1Ds MkIII, with a few bucks left over for a memory card or something.

Haha gonna shoot without a lens? Your photos might not be very sharp..... :lmao:

I'd buy beer. 1,417 gas station six-packs of beer in cans. With the remaining $4.07, I would buy candy bars.

I would hire someone to hang out with me and teach me how to use my camera.:(

If PhotoGear:
Get another D700, w/ 24-85mm lens, Quantum head and battery, 2 more ABs with 3 more CyberSyncs, couple of stands, softboxes - that should round to about 5-6K and the rest would go into the studio props.
If non photo gear (life priority): rent, utilities, clothes for kids, bills, bills and MORE bills.

I would use the money to fund travel to different locations in the world to make some beautiful pictures with my camera.

Canon 1D Mark IV. Or I'd hold on to it in the hopes that a 5D Mark III or 1Ds Mark IV will be coming out soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back