What would you buy with $7,500?

Easy ....

Canon EF500mm f/4L MK II
CF Tripod with Wimberly Head

This will probably go over budget -- I'll throw in the difference.

Nikon 300 f2.8, and a d700 with an mb-d10 battery grip.

That's just over budget by about $350, luckily I've got about that much in my bank account so I'm good haha

No one sees the importance of tripods and those who do say they'll buy a tripod will only spend about $200?!

Interesting.

No, I will spend quite a bit more for my CF legs and Wimberly head ...

$500 on used equipment, then learn to use it. then use the other 7 grand to travel and put it to use.

No amount of money is going to turn you pro overnight. Same goes for equipment.

Spending big bucks on a camera body is a waste of cash inho. In 2 years it becomes obsolete.

But if in those 2 years you take 1-2 shots and sell them for 5grand a piece, its worth it.

Spending big bucks on a camera body is a waste of cash inho. In 2 years it becomes obsolete.

But if in those 2 years you take 1-2 shots and sell them for 5grand a piece, its worth it.

Yah but lenses are just as fickle ;)
half of mine were only just coming up to 3 years old and are now being/have been replaced with upgrades ;(

Yah but lenses are just as fickle ;)
half of mine were only just coming up to 3 years old and are now being/have been replaced with upgrades ;(

But, the upgrades to the lenses don't move nearly as fast as the upgrades to camera bodies.

Good glass will always be good glass, as long as you take care of it.

The updates to camera bodies can be prolific enough that if your competition upgrades, and you don't, then you can lose work to them because they can get shots you can't. (think low light weddings or sports)

It's not like the new version of your lens is any faster, a 300 2.8 will remain a 300 2.8. Sure the af can get faster, and the VR/IS better, but that doesn't affect IQ very much. New camera bodies however do affect IQ, sometimes alot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back