What would you buy with $7,500?

Not so much what WOULD I buy, as what DID I buy...when I chose to start a business of my own...I had to swap from Pentax:

Nikon D300s body
Sigma 10-20mm
Nikkor 35mm
Nikkor 50mm
Tamron 70-200mm
Tripod legs
Ball head
2x Vivitar 285HV's
2x Light stands (& flash brackets)
2x Shoot-through umbrella's
Cowboy Studios radio triggers set (1 trans 2 receivers)
Website
Custom Domain

And just ordered a 27" i7 iMac tonight on the news of landing a contracted gig with Mary Kay.

Soon to buy a background set up and props.

Soon to get an iPad and an iPhone

Gotta love credit! :lol:

Not so much what WOULD I buy, as what DID I buy...when I chose to start a business of my own...I had to swap from Pentax:

Nikon D300s body
Sigma 10-20mm
Nikkor 35mm
Nikkor 50mm
Tamron 70-200mm
Tripod legs
Ball head
2x Vivitar 285HV's
2x Light stands (& flash brackets)
2x Shoot-through umbrella's
Cowboy Studios radio triggers set (1 trans 2 receivers)
Website
Custom Domain

And just ordered a 27" i7 iMac tonight on the news of landing a contracted gig with Mary Kay.

Soon to buy a background set up and props.

Soon to get an iPad and an iPhone

Gotta love credit! :lol:

At least one legitimate post - haha thanks.

You need to go out and take some pictures.
Srsly.

It's pretty hard to do that when my camera is out getting a front focus issue fixed. (too much for my camera to handle, and it goes up to 20)

I like your sig :)

Golf is not even that expensive though! Its got a reputation of being a super expensive elitist sport but can easily be played for a reasonable price.

I'm sorry was that off topic? I'd get a Nikon D7000 and a 70-200mm VR 2.8 lens!

Hahah I do golf -- and I golf cheap - An acuity set from dicks on black friday ($100), and I only golf at the one place where I get my membership for like $250

With that kind of money to spend i would totally get an Alienbees B1600, a beauty dish and a vagabon II with some triggers.
A Nikon d700 with a 24-70 2.8 NO MATTER WHAT. why are you asking anyway? you can get alot of **** for 7000.

Nikon D700 [$2400]
Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8G [$1450 mint used]
Nikkor 70-300mm VR G [$400 mint used]
Nikkor 12-24mm f4G [$650 mint used]
Nikkor 105mm f2.8G Micro [$700 mint used]

Slik 580DX Tripod [$200]
(2) SB-900 [$900]
Hoya Multi-Coat Polarizing Filter [$200]
Domke F-2 Camera Bag [$160]
Photoshop/Lightroom CS5 Bundle [$850]
==============================
Total: $7910

If I HAD to come in under the $7500... I would probably swap out the 2 SB-900's with 2 SB-600's which would bring the total down to about $7410.

d7000 and pay off some debt.

No one sees the importance of tripods and those who do say they'll buy a tripod will only spend about $200?!

Interesting.

Hookers and blow.

No one sees the importance of tripods and those who do say they'll buy a tripod will only spend about $200?!

Interesting.

That Slik I picked for $200 has a very low minimum operating height for working with Macro shots. It is very solid and stable. The main issue with it over one that cost several times as much is the 5.5lbs. Just because a tripod is cheaper, doesnt mean it is less solid/stable. As a comparison, I've used the Manfrotto 161MK2B which only runs $500 and it is a lot more stable and solid than the $2200 Sachtler Carbon Fiber Speed Lock tripod that I've used... the Manfrotto was quite a bit heavier, but it was much more stable. The Sachtler was a bit 'springy'. For the weight of the D700 and the heaviest lens on my list, the $200 Slik would be PLENTY tripod. In fact, I ordered one yesterday from B&H. Why spend more for overkill that won't be needed when I could spend the extra cash on something that could actually be used?

At least one legitimate post - haha thanks.
:thumbup: :D

Interesting.
Quite the contrary...the tripod was one of the first things I had on my list when it came time to purchase. I went into a local camera shop and played with all the different brands and models for over an hour before choosing one I liked, then ordered it from B&H lol

Interesting.

Some people rarely use one. Why pay $500 for a tripod when you can get a sturdy well made set of legs for $115 and whatever head you want to put on it, especially when you're not going to use it very often.

Interesting.

oh well, i have 2 manfrotto tripod,

one that worth 350 for the legs and ball head that weight atleast 10 pounds (i need a stupid shoulder bag to carry it and one that i paid 100 bucks, 2 pounds and folt into like 12 inch. guess wich one i am using the most?

Most reactions

Back