What's your Coffee preference?

What's your coffee preference?

• Let Starbucks do all the hard stuff, man!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

drlynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, I ran a search and didn't see this question asked, so I will:

Do you buy whole bean coffee and grind it yourself, buy the preground "bricks" or do you just let Starbucks do all the work? Or is coffee just plain old disgusting to you?

i dont drink coffee but my hubby does ... he doesnt like American coffee too much ... but for quickness he buys it (or i buy it) already grounded ... he also have the beans ... he loves espresso too :D

We use those little Folgers coffee bags(like tea bags)for one cup at a time whenever and you can make it as strong or as weak as you like. "Put on the teakettle."

I prefer to grind my own beans. Depends on the time of the day which coffee I prefer. Early mornings I prefer a 12oz cup of drip (preferably Haitian bleu, tanzania peaberry, sumatra mandheling) with a shot or two espresso. This is a drink I made first when I worked early mornings at a coffee shop.

Late mornings you will usually catch me with a latte, cappuccino or a cinnamon cambrick.

Afternoons are random. Perhaps an Iced mocha.

I usually don't drink coffee in the evenings. If I do it's usually just drip.

I actually don't drink that much coffee. I did when I worked at a coffee shop.

Not only do I grind my own beans, but they have to be shade-grown beans. Apparently a recent trend has been for these coffee bean farmers to hurry up with the ripening to keep us coffee drinkers sated, so they've mowed down thousands of acres of trees, which have served for years as migratory bird habitat - and the population has noticably diminished under this practice.

So, buy your coffee, ground or whole bean, only from shade-grown plantations, or look for a seal of approval from your local Birding Association, and help the migratory songbird population!

<The preceding message is from a bird enthusiast.> :wink:

I seem to prefer coffee beans from Central and South America and tropical islands. I don't like African coffees. I grind my own, and cry like a baby when I'm forced to drink the commercial crap.

Speaking of African coffee... Kena AA is a favorite of mine too.

Ever had Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee?

I have....and I was underwhelmed, for the amount I paid. It was a little on the light side for me. I appreciate that coffee is an agricultural product and there can be better crops than others, so I might try it again soon.

I like robust flavors, like a French roast. yummy....

Yeah, I was totally underwhelmed too. For $45 a lb I was expecting more. When we ordered some at the shop for the first time I expected it to arrive in a wells fargo armored car :lol:

Then we tried Haitian bleu. I thought it was much better and only costs $12/lb

I don't think I've tried Haitian blue. That's certainly more reasonable and about the price I'm willing to pay for *special* brew. :wink: I also like Kenya AA.

The French roast I've been buying through the Thanksgiving Coffee Co. (they get the stamp of approval from the American Birding Assoc) has been addictively delicious. :p It grinds down to a lovely fluffy consistency. Wonderful!

I normally buy whole beans and grind them myself.

As far as where beans come from I don't think I have any geographical preferences.

The coffee I like tends to be fair trade

Got this from a website which summarizes it better than I could:
"Fair trade coffee co-ops want to provide an equitable relationship between the producer/farmer and the consumer."

Which reminds me of another coffee I like: Zapatista

Most reactions

Back