When did you feel "qualified" to critique others work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was born a red blooded american who exercises his first amendment hahahhaha

Seriously though, I like to think I'm qualified, not only by my work (which is always improving and not perfect duh), but my dedication and passion for photography.

If I see a good photo (in my opinion) I want to say its a good photo and what I like about it.

If I see a bad photo, I usually try to say something good about it and then what I would of tried to change.

And then there are some days where work was rough, the dogs won't behave, I didn't get to work out, and I just smash the first photo I see and says its crap haha.

When I was born a red blooded american who exercises his first amendment hahahhaha

Seriously though, I like to think I'm qualified, not only by my work (which is always improving and not perfect duh), but my dedication and passion for photography.

If I see a good photo (in my opinion) I want to say its a good photo and what I like about it.

If I see a bad photo, I usually try to say something good about it and then what I would of tried to change.

And then there are some days where work was rough, the dogs won't behave, I didn't get to work out, and I just smash the first photo I see and says its crap haha.

You need a girlfriend.

You need a girlfriend.

I don't think the fiancé would approve lol.

I knew I was forgetting something in my list HAHAHHA

I don't think the fiancé would approve lol.

I knew I was forgetting something in my list HAHAHHA

Getting married?!! Don't do it!!! lol

Alright, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :er:

After about 25 years of being involved in photography, I felt qualified to offer C&C. So, the year 2002 I guess. But early on, in the early 1980's in my college photo classes, we were forced to participate in weekly critique sessions where the entire class's work was displayed and critiqued, so I got to be involved with C&C sessions that were run by an established, experienced professor who was head of the fine arts department, so I got to see the "traditional" type of C&C in action.

One of my advertising professors would rip your work off the wall and belittle your during these...

Complete 180° from my "Conceptualization" class when I was in the art school; so glad I transferred out.

I feel particularly qualified to offer critique after gettin' ass-deep into a bottle of Maker's...

:mrgreen:

Due to recent threads, I have been trying to be more active in the critique department. However, I feel under-qualified to be critiquing anything that's not my own. So I would love to hear when you felt qualified to start discussing c&c.....

I would like to be an active forum member and not just "take" from the veteran members on here, but I also worry I will be WAY off base with my opinions.....
Critique is nothing more than opinion. Don't feel intimidated to offer your opinion, it is what the photo makes you feel! Disecting a photo in pseudo-technical terms is just an avoidance of how the photo makes you FEEL! If you like it, you like it! Why may not matter, because only YOU will know why it speaks to you, or doesn't. If you are confident in why the photo either does, or doesnt speak to you, you can voice that....but know it say's more about you, than the photo!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...Someone very famous said this but I forget who..... :icon_eek:

What's up with these zombie threads lumbering back to life???

What's up with these zombie threads lumbering back to life???
Since the software upgrade, there's a feature below each thread that lists "similar threads" with no date (or any other) filters. If members aren't looking at dates it's easy to assume they're replying to recent threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back