The issue here is not whether there is a description of where and how it was taken but whether the text will influence the viewer about the worth of the picture.
You would recognize it easily if you saw text that said,'this is the last picture of my grandmother who died two days after I snapped it. I treasure this picture and always will.' That is a clear influence on what you would say about the picture because you have the emotional overlay that you can understand.
The same thing in this thread.
There was a definite scene-setting, that makes an only ok picture into something more for those who have internalized the descriptive text.
"I was walking in the 5th arrondissement of Paris (le quartier latin) with a friend when I spotted this scene near rue Mouffetard. Night had fallen and I saw these lovers meeting and sharing a moment of tenderness. I walked towards them, took two shots in a raw and disappeared. Both the two shots were good, and they never knew they were photographed. I left the scene untouched, looking for another moment of life in Paris."
This may indeed set the scene, but it is deliberately done to influence the judgement of the picture. In other threads people are encouraged to not do that so that they can get honest responses about the picture.