Which laptop will be best for editing photos and videos

Technerd456

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.techpandit.co
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am an enthusiast and professional photographer. I want to buy a laptop to edit my photos and videos and playing games in free time. Can anyone suggest the best laptop which I can buy? My budget for the laptop is Rs. 50000.

Mac or PC?

I was looking into this last week as a matter of fact and from everything I have seen from Adorama, to dpreview and others, the Del XPS 15 takes the prize for PC and Macpro takes it for Mr. Job's world.

Pc fast processor, loads of mem hdd and 32 gig ram and get the best screen you can

Oh dear, you mentioned the G word. Try the Asus ROG Zephyrus or a Razer Blade probably, but it depends what games you want to play?

The Dell XPS 15 looks ok but that GTX960 is already three generations old, really looking for a minimum GTX1060, an RTX2070 would be better (unless you don't care about ray tracing then a GTX1070 would be choice but they are out of production now).

And saying all that the new Ryzen processors have just been released (which pretty much match intel) along with some new ATI gfx cards that look like a really good value buy in the mid-teir market and promise much better multi-tasking with their core/thread count which would probably benefit you if you do a lot of video encoding.

I'd wait a few months to see what the reviews say and we get a few of the new Zen 2, Ryzen chips in the laptop market. Heat may be an issue with them as they do tend to run hot but it's early days yet.

Pc fast processor, loads of mem hdd and 32 gig ram and get the best screen you can

Yes on a FAST processor, with multi-cores.
Not a HD, you want a SSD, or you bottle neck when the editor is exporting to the disk.
I did not find RAM as much of an issue. I think 16GB is plenty enough for photos (for me), I have no idea what video RAM requirements are. But some laptops the RAM is not expandable, so get as much as you can, cuz for those laptops you are stuck with whatever you buy.

A good "gamers" laptop may have the configuration you want.

Like with cameras, there is no best one laptop or computer for PP. It's a combination of how much you can afford to spend and what level of performance you want. If you want a high level of performance buy a gaming laptop like an Alienware from Dell. You can select the options you want on their website and the more expensive (processor, memory, SSD, display size, graphics processor) the better the performance you will get. You will also want to buy an external display in the 27" or 32" range, which can be calibrated to srgb. Please note these are big, heavy laptops. Personally, in 2016 I moved from an Alienware laptop to an Apple Macbook Pro, i7 4 core, 2.7Ghz (3.6Ghz turbo), 16GB mem, 512GB SSD, Radeon Pro 455 graphics processor with 2GB DDR5 mem, 15" display. It is thin and light with good battery life, so it's easy to take along to a shoot. I loaded up Creative Cloud including LR and PS and it performs very well.

These days there are plenty of good laptops for around 1500 American dollars up to 3500 United States dollars.

As was said above, there is no one best laptop. I personally think that 16 GB of RAM is plenty, but there is no harm in getting more.

Buy one of the latest samsung

Hi well since adding my thoughts here I have been hit with the windows 7 end of life notice. Now I will have to look for a new pc as well noted comment on hard drive and added to my list

Hi well since adding my thoughts here I have been hit with the windows 7 end of life notice. Now I will have to look for a new pc as well noted comment on hard drive and added to my list

If you want, you maybe still able to upgrade your Win7 to Win10 free of charge.

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

I just upgrade few PCs from 7 to 10 in the past few weeks for friends (which they did not want to in the past, but had no choice now) without any issues. Be sure to backup you computer before the upgrade just in case.

Thanks, upgrade is not an option as all the software and hardware is at its limit with win 7 just seen a used pc with win 10 think that is my route and isolate the laptop that I have for photography just for that

DANG, my laptop is running Win7.
Can't upgrade to Win10, no drivers for that PC.
I guess I will see just how much longer I can keep it going.

Thought I get away with an anti virus prog, no such luck. So it’s isolated the lap top from the net and use it just for photography work.

Most reactions

Back