Who are your favorite photographers?

Curious to what Ms. E. Rose will do with this info.

I'm not really planning on DOING anything with this.

I was just curious to see what everyone's influences are, and how it might affect the C&C they leave here. That was my initial thought. But then as the list grew I wanted to see more of who people's influences are as it pertains to their work in general. I was just curious to see if they were active influences or just distant inspiration.

I feel like my list shifts a lot, but as it stands right now, *my* favorite photographers (who have consistently been my favorite photographers) are:

Sue Bryce | Glamour/Portrait (although for much different reasons now than when I first discovered her) - www.suebryce.com
Jeremy Cowart | Commercial - www.jeremycowart.com
Matthew Simmons | Commercial & Music - www.matthewsimmonsphoto.com
And more recently Jacob Roberts | Portrait & Fashion - www.jacobrobertsphoto.com

I feel like when I woke up this morning I was thinking of someone else to add to this, but now I can't remember. I'll update it, if I think of it. Ha.

I was just curious to see what everyone's influences are, and how it might affect the C&C they leave here. That was my initial thought. But then as the list grew I wanted to see more of who people's influences are as it pertains to their work in general. I was just curious to see if they were active influences or just distant inspiration.

I feel like my list shifts a lot, but as it stands right now, *my* favorite photographers (who have consistently been my favorite photographers) are:

Sue Bryce | Glamour/Portrait (although for much different reasons now than when I first discovered her) - www.suebryce.com
And more recently Jacob Roberts | Portrait & Fashion - www.jacobrobertsphoto.com

I feel like when I woke up this morning I was thinking of someone else to add to this, but now I can't remember. I'll update it, if I think of it. Ha.

Thanks for the response. Glad that some actually posted the links. I've been too lazy to google the names, but enjoy bouncing around with the links.
Pretty cool (I think) that most of my inspirations and influences come from fellow TPF'ers.

Yall got me started; I'm getting a little emotional. :p I'm just so sensitive (said with Mike Tyson voice and lisp).:sentimental:

Thanks for the response. Glad that some actually posted the links. I've been too lazy to google the names, but enjoy bouncing around with the links.
Pretty cool (I think) that most of my inspirations and influences come from fellow TPF'ers.

Yall got me started; I'm getting a little emotional. :p I'm just so sensitive (said with Mike Tyson voice and lisp).:sentimental:

Yeah I only Googled a few who sounded interested based on the description. I'm too lazy for that too. LOL -- LINKS dammit. LINKS.

Not an intentional derail, but....the Jacob Roberts photo (14th on the page) lady sitting on the wood box; I find incredibly sexy. It made me think of the announcement of Playboy to no longer do full nudes (discussion on a different thread).

Wondering if anyone else here thinks the same, and is it just her or her plus pose, lighting, processsing etc.

Not an intentional derail, but....the Jacob Roberts photo (14th on the page) lady sitting on the wood box; I find incredibly sexy. It made me think of the announcement of Playboy to no longer do full nudes (discussion on a different thread).

Wondering if anyone else here thinks the same, and is it just her or her plus pose, lighting, processsing etc.

I never saw said announcement, but I also don't get "Playboy" from that at all.

But to be fair... I haven't seen a Playboy in like... forever. So maybe they've shifted a bit.

But to be fair... I haven't seen a Playboy in like... forever. So maybe they've shifted a bit.

Here is the thread. Playboy will be changing their photo ways. It's official print magazines are dead | Photography Forum

Here is the thread. Playboy will be changing their photo ways. It's official print magazines are dead | Photography Forum
Yeah, I seen that on the TV today. That is crazy, I think they were always classy, but I guess they can't keep up with all the internet smut and other junk available in print everywhere.

As I'm new to photography im still finding out who I really like and draw inspiration from but I really love Joe Mcnally's work, he has had some great behind the scenes opportunities in his career and the photos because of it are just awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I never heard of him, but checked him out. He has some really cool work, thanks! It is amazing how many photographers we never heard of that just got a shout out!

Clark Little - shorebreak art
It's just so much different, and the situations he gets stuck in because of it are pretty terrifying in my opinion.

It's just so much different, and the situations he gets stuck in because of it are pretty terrifying in my opinion.
Checked out his work and it is really amazing, what a cool perspective. Thanks for sharing that.

Checked out his work and it is really amazing, what a cool perspective. Thanks for sharing that.

No problem! Happy to share something different

Most reactions

Back